Duncan Lewis Solicitors
We serve clients in over 25 areas of law from offices throughout London and in most of the major cities across England and Wales. Our motto and aim is to ‘give people a voice’ and we strive to achieve the best possible outcome for you through high-quality legal representation.
We care about your wellbeing and are committed to providing the best possible service to you in the most considerate and careful manner. As the largest provider of publicly funded (legal aid) services in the UK we have specialist solicitors in: Family and Child Care, Crime and Fraud, Civil Liberties and Human Rights, Housing, Immigration, Litigation, Mental Health, Personal Injury, Professional Negligence, Professional Regulation and Public Law.
Our lawyers combine an in depth knowledge of the law and its practical application to your case, with a firm belief in your right to legal assistance and to committed representation throughout your matter. Our solicitors place service to the public above all else and are able to advise on the best possible course of funding in the event you do not qualify for legal aid. Our rates are competitive and we can also explore the opportunity to fund your case on a fixed fee basis, through insurance and/or on a no win no fee basis (a conditional fee agreement).
When you come to Duncan Lewis you come to a prominent and reputable national law firm with over 350 qualified solicitors and consultants (most of whom are Law Society Panel accredited or equivalent), and over 300 trainee solicitors, caseworkers, legal executives and support staff. They are all willing to take the time to listen to your problem, evaluate it correctly in terms of the law and where possible to speak out on your behalf in an attempt to present your point of view in the best light and achieve legal remedies which address your problem.
We hold industry quality marks to evidence that we are a law firm that you can trust. The firm has held the Law Society Lexcel Excellence in Practice Management and Client Care accreditation since 1999 and was the first firm in the UK to achieve the Investors in People Gold Standard quality mark in 2009, which we continue to hold. We take data protection and cyber security extremely seriously and hold both ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus which demonstrates we have defined and put in place best-practice information security processes.
We are recognised by independent legal directories, The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm, described as a “diligent and professional team that is prepared to go the extra mile for its clients”. As such, many of our cases have had a long lasting legal impact.
The Legal 500 - what they say about us
For nearly 30 years The Legal 500 legal directory has been an independent worldwide client’s guide to the best law firms and lawyers, by analysing the capabilities of law firms using a comprehensive research programme heavily focused on peer and client feedback. Used commercially by companies and clients, the series is widely renowned for its definitive judgment of law firms and legal practitioners alike.
We have received nationwide recognition for excellence. The Legal 500 2021 edition continues to rank us as a recommended law firm across its main legal departments in London, the Midlands, South East, Wales, Yorkshire, and UK-wide, with "top tier" ranking award for London immigration and human rights practice, immigration and human rights work in Wales, and family South East. The current edition recognises our specialisms in the following areas: administrative and public law, business immigration, civil liberties and human rights, clinical (medical) negligence, contentious trusts and probate, criminal defence, Court of Protection/mental capacity, debt recovery, family and child care, immigration and asylum, personal injury, professional negligence, and social housing.
- "The immigration team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors is well-regarded for its work in asylum, human rights and nationality law. Public law director Toufique Hossain has extensive experience representing asylum seekers, many of whom are vulnerable clients. The practice has a strong track record of acting for victims of modern slavery, trafficking, torture, and domestic violence and for unaccompanied asylum-seeking minors. Other key areas of work include ECHR cases and cases involving civil liberties."London/Immigration 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors houses an 'extremely large and effective team of lawyers where all aspects of immigration and asylum law are covered.' The firm has a large judicial review claimant practice, representing vulnerable claimants on immigration and civil liberties. It is well-versed in personal immigration, asylum, human rights and nationality law. The firm handles a significant portion of publicly funded work, handling a range of issues such as detention, bail, deportation, appeals and EC law. The team offers specialist expertise in representing vulnerable clients, such as victims of torture or trafficking, on asylum and detention-related matters, and is regularly engaged on politically sensitive cases.”London/Immigration 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors’ ‘diligent’ and ‘professional’ team ‘is prepared to go the extra mile’ for its clients. It is experienced across personal immigration, asylum, human rights and nationality matters, with particular expertise in judicial review cases. It acts for vulnerable clients such as victims of trafficking or torture, and handles unlawful detention cases." London/Immigration 2017 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors’ ‘dynamic and very well-organised’ group specialises in acting for clients in judicial review proceedings before the High Court, as well as handling Upper Tribunal and Court of Appeal cases." London/Immigration 2016 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors’ ‘very good’ team has a strong track record representing SME clients on business immigration, and a stellar reputation for handling test cases…" London/Immigration 2015 Edition
- "The ‘very good' Duncan Lewis Solicitors is valued for its ‘commitment' to clients, especially in human rights…" London/Immigration 2014 Edition
- "The Swansea office of Duncan Lewis Solicitors has 'unrivalled experience across Wales and possibly the whole of south west England' in relation to immigration matters. Benefiting from a Legal Aid contract, as well as handling general immigration matters, the team excels in representing vulnerable clients seeking asylum based on the fear of persecution in their country of origin, often due to their sexuality, religion or political views."Wales/Immigration 2021 Edition
- "'Second-to-none in the Welsh publicly-funded arena', Duncan Lewis Solicitors' 'extremely friendly, approachable and committed team of activist lawyers' handles a broad range of immigration, asylum and nationality matters, including high-profile claimant judicial review matters." Wales/Immigration 2020 Edition
- "The 'knowledgeable and well organised' team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors 'punches well above its weight – litigating points of law with both national and international importance'. 'Second-to-none in the publicly funded arena in Wales', the firm handles a broad range of immigration, asylum and nationality matters including handling high-profile claimant judicial review matters." Wales/Immigration 2019 Edition
- "For some, Duncan Lewis Solicitors is ‘in a class of its own’. The Cardiff office has become an integral part of the firm’s UK-wide capability, which includes a large legal aid immigration practice and a market-leading reputation for immigration judicial review matters." Wales/Immigration 2017 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has ‘an excellent grasp of immigration and asylum law’." Wales/Immigration 2016 Edition
- "Specialist immigration firm Duncan Lewis Solicitors is renowned for asylum and human rights work…" Wales/Immigration 2015 Edition
- "The large family and child care team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors provides advice to clients in the South East on all areas of family law, including matters involving domestic violence, cross-border disputes, divorce and separation issues, and emergency situations involving non-accidental injury and domestic abuse, amongst many others."South East (Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx)/Family 2021 Edition
- "The 'really supportive and very efficient' family and child care team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors is well known for its cutting-edge work across a wide range of family and children matters. The practice specialises in domestic abuse, unusual divorce cases, emergency applications to freeze parties’ assets and female genital mutilation protection orders. It also handles financial matters, prenuptial and cohabitation agreements." South East/ Family 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors is 'a well-established and respected firm that provides a high quality of work in an efficient and friendly way'. Its expertise covers divorce and matrimonial cases, with notable expertise in representing domestic abuse victims under legal aid and mediation, as well as ancillary relief expertise. It also handles public law and cross-border issues concerning children, and has niche shari'ah-law expertise." South East/ Family 2019 Edition
- - "…Vicash Ramkissoon leads a good deal of the business-side work; the group also handles Tier 2 sponsor licence applications and judicial review matters."London/Business Immigration 2021 Edition
- - "…The team is also instructed by high-net-worth individuals on PBS applications and appeals. The business immigration team is instructed by SME clients on PBS matters, sponsorship licence applications and it also represents high-net-worth individuals on Tier 1 entrepreneur and investor visas." London/Business Immigration 2020 Edition
- - "Duncan Lewis Solicitors’ business immigration team is instructed by SME clients on a range of matters such as the PBS, sponsorship licence applications, and compliance. It also acts for high-net-worth individuals from Asia, Russia and the Middle East on Tier 1 and investor visas. The firm also handles a range of asylum, nationality, detention, deportation, bail, human rights, detention, Judicial Review, and trafficking cases for business, individual and vulnerable clients." London/Business Immigration 2019 Edition
- - "…The team advises SMEs on compliance and sponsorship licence applications under the PBS. Clients recommend Ayan Yalchin and Vicash Ramkissoon." London/Business Immigration 2016 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has developed a reputation as a 'dominant and formidable team within the field' of personal immigration, advising on asylum, human rights, citizenship and EU law matters. The firm has also developed expertise representing clients affected by the Windrush scandal." South East/Immigration 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors excels in public law immigration matters, where its team 'is not afraid to challenge accepted norms, take risks in advancement of its client's case and push boundaries in the client's favour'. The practice acts for businesses and individuals on the full range of personal immigration, asylum and human rights, and nationality matters, as well as assisting high-net-worth individuals with points based system applications and appeals. In an illustration of its public law expertise, the practice acted in the lead case challenging removals to Bulgaria under the Dublin III Regulations." South East / Immigration 2019 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors is known for its expertise in all aspects of personal immigration, frequently advising on publicly funded immigration services for asylum, immigration detention, deportation appeals and EC law issues. The team also represents high net-worth individuals on points-based system applications and appeals, including entrepreneur and investor visas. The firm has a niche specialism in legal aid, and represents vulnerable clients in detained asylum cases, and in matters involving unaccompanied asylum-seeking children." South East / Immigration 2017 Edition
- "…It is known for providing a strong publicly funded immigration service that represents vulnerable clients such as victims of torture or trafficking in asylum and human rights matters. The team has considerable expertise at representing claimants in judicial review immigration cases before the High Court and has a substantial practice in unlawful immigration detention cases. It frequently challenges immigration removal cases and has extensive tribunal and higher courts appeal and advocacy experience. It is well-regarded for its work in the Immigration Asylum Chamber and for its work in first-Tier and upper tribunal asylum and immigration appeals across the Midlands."West Midlands (Birmingham)/Immigration 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors fields a large team nationally. In Birmingham, it is known for acting for claimants in significant immigration (including related judicial reviews) and asylum matters. Niche specialisms include representing vulnerable clients/victims of torture or trafficking in asylum and human rights matters, as well as immigration cases involving detentions." West Midlands / Immigration 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has significant expertise in immigration, asylum and judicial review claimant work. Its team is active in a wide range of matters, which includes representing vulnerable clients (such as victims of torture or trafficking) in asylum and human rights cases. The group is experienced in Immigration Asylum Chamber, First-Tier and Upper Tribunal asylum and immigration appeals across the Midlands Circuit." East Midlands/Immigration 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors’ immigration and asylum practice specialises in contentious matters. It represents vulnerable clients such as trafficking or torture victims in detention-related matters, handles judicial review applications and proceedings, and assists individuals with appeals and higher court cases. The team also acts for unaccompanied asylum seeking children in asylum fast-track cases." East Midlands/Immigration 2017 Edition
- "At Duncan Lewis Solicitors, Sangita Shah regularly advises on immigration and asylum matters, and is commended for her ‘passion’ for her work.z" East Midlands/Immigration 2016 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors' civil liberties practice has a broad range of expertise across the immigration and public law space, headed by a Harrow-based team which includes the well-regarded Toufique Hossain and Zofia Duszynska." London/Civil Liberties and Human Rights 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a particular focus on immigration, asylum, migrant workers and refugee rights work...The team is also adept at judicial reviews and conducting emergency injunctions for their clients." London/Civil Liberties & Human Rights 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors is ‘one of the leading firms in the field of immigration’ and has achieved success in several Supreme Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and Upper Tribunal cases." London/Civil Liberties & Human Rights 2019 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors is best known for its legal aid practice, and specialises in immigration, asylum and public law, and has offices across London and the UK. ‘Exceptional lawyer’ Toufique Hossain, who is ‘particularly good for immigration detention cases’ and has ‘an excellent eye for the crux of the matter’, James Packer and Seher Toguz are key names for immigration and public law matters." London/Civil Liberties & Human Rights 2017 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors’ public law practice represents vulnerable individuals in judicial review litigation, with a particular focus on immigration issues, notably for individuals facing discrimination by the Windrush Scheme. Unlawful detention, prisoners’ rights and other human rights violations are also points of focus. It's recently established education law team in Leeds handles public law claims for schools, regulatory bodies and students." London/Administrative and Public Law 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors acts on judicial review claims challenging the treatment of vulnerable groups, with specialist expertise in representing migrants, asylum seekers, detainees, people with disabilities and LGBT prisoners. The team regularly acts on challenges to government policies and bodies including the Home Office, with recent actions concerning the treatment of religious minorities in the prison system and the unlawful detention of migrants. A high-profile matter saw Toufique Hossain challenging the Secretary of State for the Home Department’s failure to investigate abuse at the Brook House Immigration Removal Centre. Further mandates involved judicial review challenges to HMRC and local authorities regarding tax and levy disputes. The firm is also involved in challenging the government’s reduction to legal aid funding." London / Administrative & Public Law 2020 Edition
- "With offices around London and nationally, Duncan Lewis Solicitors is reported to have 'a strong presence in this area of the law, making a particularly dominant contribution in immigration, asylum and prison law…The team is handling cases of the deprivation of British citizenship and deportation threats, many of which have gone to the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court."London / Administrative & Public Law 2019 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors’ Toufique Hossain ‘is a leading solicitor’ for immigration judicial reviews and utilises ‘a combination of creative thinking with a huge amount of experience.’" London/Administrative & Public Law 2017 Edition
- "At Duncan Lewis Solicitors, Toufique Hossain is a ‘genuine star’ for challenges in the immigration and civil liberties space." London/Administrative & Public Law 2016 Edition
- "James Packer and solicitor Toufique Hossain are key names at Duncan Lewis Solicitors, which has particular experience advising on immigration and civil liberties challenges." London/Administrative & Public Law 2015 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a multi-disciplinary team that advises on mental health, community care, clinical negligence and public law through its various offices nationally. The team has particular strength in the interplay between the Mental Health Act 1983 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005, as well as deprivation of liberty safeguards. It frequently represents vulnerable clients and family members in disputes relating to mental capacity and in best interests welfare discussions pertaining to residence, contact, care and medical treatment. "London/Court of Protection 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a multi-disciplinary team that advises on mental health, community care, clinical negligence and public law. The group has strength in cases where there is overlap between the Mental Health Act and the Mental Capacity Act as well as deprivation of liberty safeguards. It routinely advises vulnerable clients and their families on best interest welfare decisions relating to residence, contact and medical treatment. It is also skilled at advising on property and affairs disputes in the Court of Protection and the High Court as well as assisting clients and their carers on other issues such as how to receive help from social services." London / Court of Protection 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors fields a ‘team that is quick to respond’. It has a multi-disciplinary team that collaborates with its experts from its mental capacity, mental health, community care, clinical negligence and public law departments." London / Court of Protection 2019 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors ‘constantly strives to achieve the best possible results for its clients, and puts a tremendous amount of work into its cases.’" London/Court of Protection 2017 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors specialises in cases that overlap between mental health/capacity issues and deprivation of liberty safeguards." London/Court of Protection 2016 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors specialises in cases that overlap mental health and capacity, and deprivation of liberty safeguards..." London/Court of Protection 2015 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors' general crime team handles a range of sensitive cases. Recently, these have included murder complicated by paranoid schizophrenia, the blackmail of government officials and accusations of distributing child pornography." London/Crime: General 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors' 'hardworking' and 'committed' team covers a range of serious crime matters, including cases involving high-value money laundering, fraud, large-scale drugs conspiracies, sexual offences and murder." London/ Crime: General 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors is ‘a busy firm, cornering the market in legally aided, general crime’. It is adept at handling cases of serious crime such as drugs importation, fraud, kidnap, immigration and gang-related offences. The firm recently acted for a man who murdered a fellow detainee at an immigration centre." London/ Crime: General 2019 Edition
- "The ‘capable, conscientious and professional’ team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors provides ‘a harmonious and effective service’, and is particularly known for its legal aid expertise." London / Crime: General 2017 Edition
- "Praised for his ‘great client care', Hardeep Dhaliwal leads the team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors, which recently acted in a £1m computer scam bank fraud case." London / Crime: General 2014 Edition
- "At Duncan Lewis Solicitors, the criminal law practice is equipped to handle serious crime and drug-related offenses." South East/Crime: General 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors provides the full range of criminal law services, but is particularly notable for its work with vulnerable clients, including those with mental illnesses as well as youth clients. The firm also operates a large, serious crime practice, with a particular focus on gang-related violence and drug offences." South East / Crime: General 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a broad range of experience and handles all aspects of family law. Key specialisms include representing the victims of domestic violence and assisting clients with securing a financial settlement following the breakdown of a marriage. The team also handles matters such as special guardianship orders, the distribution of business assets and the international movement of children, as well as protecting clients in emergency situations in cases involving non-accidental injury, sexual assault, grooming or forced marriages." London/Family 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a broad range of expertise. It has an established Islamic and Shariah law department that specialises in Islamic divorce and financial settlement. The practice also has considerable expertise in other areas such as representing domestic abuse victims under legal aid to advising on complex financial matrimonial matters. It routinely advises on complex children law matters and deals with emergency applications to freeze parties’ assets in both the High Court and the county courts. The team is also well versed in obtaining female genital mutilation protection orders." London/ Family 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors is an ‘excellent firm with talented and experienced staff’". London/ Family 2019 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a large team that ‘covers a broad range of family cases and excels in children’s cases." London/Family 2017 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has particular expertise representing divorce abuse victims under legal aid and have niche experience in Islamic divorce." London/Family 2016 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a very large legal aid practice, and is an ‘undoubted force in international children law’." London/Family 2015 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a number of key specialisms such as representing clients who are facing emergency situations, whether that be safeguarding of children or domestic abuse. In addition it advises on matrimonial and separation issues with significant expertise in special guardianship orders and adoption in the UK and overseas. Other strengths lie in assisting those with significant vulnerabilities particularly those with mental health difficulties or victims of some form of abuse. It is also known for its involvement in culturally complex cases, often with international elements in both Hague and non-Hague countries." West Midlands/Family 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors advises on all aspects of matrimonial and separation issues, including divorce and ancillary relief. Its team also excels in assisting clients with emergency situations, such as those involving non-accidental injuries and domestic abuse. Other specialisms include international child abduction cases, special guardianship and care orders. In addition, it has a niche practice in forced marriage protection orders." West Midlands / Family 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has expertise in matrimonial and children cases, with notable strengths in cross-border disputes."West Midlands/ Family 2019 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors provides legal aid advice on domestic and cross-border child care matters, and also handles private law with a particular niche in forced marriage protection orders, domestic violence and child abduction cases." West Midlands / Family 2017 Edition
- "…the team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors focuses on sensitive child protection issues including abduction matters, child abuse work, and wardship and adoption mandates, alongside a notable specialism in FGM protection orders. The practice often works on a cross-border basis, particularly in abduction and FGM cases." Yorkshire and the Humber (Leeds)/Family 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors' team is spread across the Croydon, Dalston, Harrow and Lewisham offices. It covers a full range of contentious issues, with particular expertise in handling Equality Act defence cases and possession claims.” London/Social Housing: Tenant 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors' social housing team is mainly spread across offices in Croydon, Dalston, Harrow and Lewisham. It covers the full range of housing disputes, including disrepair cases, possession proceedings involving Equality Act defences, homelessness appeals and judicial reviews. The firm's commitment to access to justice is reflected by its significant involvement in pro bono work, and it is also acting for a number of participants in the Grenfell Tower inquiry." London/ Social Housing: Tenant 2020 Edition
- "One of the most effective firms practicing social housing law', Duncan Lewis Solicitors has considerable expertise in Equality Act defence cases, unlawful eviction and possession claims, and homelessness appeals. The team also handles a considerable amount of pro-bono work, which has recently included representing a number of individuals in homelessness claims following the Grenfell Tower disaster." London/ Social Housing: Tenant 2019 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors is ‘clearly a major player’ in the space and ‘each practitioner excels in their area.’" London/Social Housing: Tenant 2017 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors have a young and energetic team... With several offices across London, its ‘tentacles spread out far beyond the reaches of traditional firms’ in this sector." London/Social Housing: Tenant 2016 Edition.
- ".. The team attracts praise for its ‘forward thinking approach’ and standout expertise in possession and unlawful eviction cases." London/Social Housing: Tenant 2015 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors covers a wide range of social housing matters, including neighbourhood disputes against local authorities, landlord and tenant matters and judicial reviews. The department also has a presence in county court possession duty schemes, enabling the team to defend tenants in possession and unlawful eviction cases, while it has also been developing niche expertise in handling Equality Act defence work." South East/Social Housing: Tenant 2021 Edition
- "The firm, which is the largest supplier of legal aid in England and Wales, primarily acts for vulnerable tenants. Its team handles the entire gamut of contentious social housing issues, with particular expertise in possession and unlawful eviction, judicial reviews challenging local authorities and Equality Act defence cases." South East/ Social Housing: Tenant 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors attracts praise for its 'robust practical approach to case management and client management'. The sizeable housing law team regularly acts for social tenants in defending against possession and unlawful eviction cases, with housing law specialists who are 'at the top of their game'." South East/ Social Housing: Tenant 2019 Edition
- "The 'friendly and responsive' six-strong team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a focus on acting for tenants in legal aid funded matters, including on reviews, appeals and judicial review proceedings relating to homelessness, disrepair, succession for tenants and neighbourhood disputes." Wales/Social Housing: Tenant 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors provides 'thorough, clear and concise advice' to tenants across a broad array of contentious work including reviews, appeals and judicial review proceedings relating to homelessness, disrepair, succession for tenants and neighbourhood disputes." Wales/Social Housing: Tenant 2019 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors provides ‘thorough and accurate advice’ to often vulnerable tenants and handles an array of contentious work including reviews, appeals and judicial review proceedings relating to homelessness, disrepair, succession for tenants and neighbourhood disputes.’" Wales/Social Housing: Tenant 2017 Edition
- "Headed by Heather Iqbal Rayner, Duncan Lewis Solicitors represents vulnerable individuals in a wide variety of cases against housing associations including disputes relating to anti-social behaviour and unlawful eviction cases. The team’s litigation expertise also includes judicial review challenges against public authorities." Wales/Social Housing: Tenant 2016 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors represents vulnerable tenants involved in possession and unlawful eviction cases. Heather Iqbal Rayner heads the team." Wales/Social Housing: Tenant 2015 Edition
- "The 'very professional' team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors has expertise in a wide range of contentious probate matters, advising both local and international high-net-worth individuals. A number of members of the team are multilingual, with seven languages shared across three team members." South East/Contentious trusts and probate 2021 Edition
- "The 'excellent' clinical negligence and personal injury practice at Duncan Lewis Solicitors is led by Rebecca Thomas and is experienced in handling a spectrum of matters including brain, spinal, and neurological injuries." South East/Personal injury and clinical negligence: Claimant 2021 Edition
- "The 'experienced and knowledgeable' clinical negligence team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors specialises in brain injury matters including cerebral palsy and cardiac claims, as well as securing significant settlements for clients." South East/ Clinical Negligence: Claimant 2020 Edition
- "The 'dedicated and hardworking clinical negligence team' at Duncan Lewis Solicitors is 'a safe bet and gets good results'. It is best known for its work on brain, spinal and neurological injury claims for both children and adults against NHS and private hospitals, while also covering obstetric, neonatal, cerebral palsy, anaesthetic, cardiac, organ damage, surgical, emergency care and prescription matters."South East/ Clinical Negligence: Claimant 2019 Edition
- "The 'excellent' clinical negligence and personal injury practice at Duncan Lewis Solicitors is led by Rebecca Thomas and is experienced in handling a spectrum of matters including brain, spinal, and neurological injuries." South East/Personal injury and clinical negligence: Claimant 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors handles an array of personal injury work with particular specialism in fatal road traffic accidents. The team is currently representing a number of people in a high-value public inquiry, where it is advising on all aspects of public law and personal injury matters." South East/ Personal Injury: Claimant 2020 Edition
- "The 'highly competent, hardworking and continually improving' personal injury department at Duncan Lewis Solicitors 'makes clients feel at ease' and 'fights hard for them', applying 'great tactical astuteness'. The team specialises in workplace, public liability, road traffic accident and disease claims involving serious injuries or fatalities."South East/ Personal Injury: Claimant 2019 Edition
- "The personal injury team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors acts on behalf of victims of fatal accidents, as well as representing those who have suffered injuries that have had a detrimental effect on their lifestyle and ability to work.” London/Personal Injury: Claimant 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors handles a wide range of complex and often high-value personal injury cases, and has a niche specialism in accidents at work claims. Acting against local authorities for slips and trips in public space, road traffic accidents as well as asbestos-related illnesses are some of the team's other areas of specialism." London / Personal Injury: Claimant 2020 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a large professional negligence offering handling claims against legal, construction, and engineering professionals. Practice head Sobashni De Silva - described as 'on top of her game' - works in tandem with Anthony Okumah, the recommended contact for claims against solicitors and barristers." South East/Professional Negligence 2021 Edition
- "Duncan Lewis Solicitors covers a broad range of professional negligence work concentrated in the construction and engineering sectors with additional niche expertise in claims against financial advisors. The team acts for a diverse client base, especially vulnerable individuals, which often seamlessly overlaps with the firm's other practice groups such as personal injury." South East / Professional Negligence 2020 Edition
- "With expertise in the finance industry, it is characterised by its ability to handle unorthodox cases, and is particularly known for pursuing debtor expatriates in the Middle East. Specifically, this work covers cross-border litigation and centres upon disputes between advisers and investors. More generally, the firm caters for claimants pursuing rogue lenders and is capable of freezing assets when necessary." South East/Debt Recovery 2021 Edition
- "At Duncan Lewis Solicitors, the team specialises in complex and high-value debt claims for companies and individuals, predominantly in the financial sector and in relation to bankruptcy proceedings." London/Debt Recovery 2021 Edition
Our Quality Marks
Not Sure About Email Received?
Not sure about an email received? Please be vigilant to cyber security risks at all times. If the email id from which an email came from does not end with @duncanlewis.com, this this is not a genuine email from Duncan Lewis Solicitors. Do not open any attachments or links contained therein and delete such emails received. It is a good practice to avoid clicking on any links in emails that you are not expecting to receive. In accordance with our regulatory obligations, to assist our clients and members of the public we maintain a history of scam alerts that have been brought to our attention – here. If you wish to notify us of any concerns you have then please use this Contact Us Page > Other > Data Protection.
From 25 May 2018, the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be coming into effect. In order to comply with the new requirements of this law, and to ensure that we can best continue to serve you, Duncan Lewis has updated its Privacy Notice. You can find the updated Policy which provides detailed information on how we use and protect your personal information, and your rights in relation to this here.
If you wish to unsubscribe from any communication from Duncan Lewis, please click here.