Type of Application: Unfair Dismissal and Wrongful Dismissal Cases
Type of fee:
- Fixed Fee (estimate based on the work involved in conducting the matter)
- No win no fee agreement
- Private hourly rate agreement
Costs: Costs can be between - £800-£10,000 plus VAT. Average price £5000 plus VAT.
- Director - £317.00 plus VAT (Approx.)
- Solicitor - £160 plus VAT (Approx.)
- Trainee Solicitor / Paralegal- £120.00 plus VAT (Approx.)
On average, this type of work entails 30 hours of work.
We will inform a client, after an initial paid meeting, whether a case is suitable for a fixed fee agreement or a no-win no fee agreement.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in a case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider.
- The number of witnesses and complexity of the evidence.
- The amount of documentation that we have to prepare.
- The amount of drafting that we have to carry out.
- The complexity of the case.
- The amount of negotiations. including ACAS negotiations, that we have to carry out.
- The length of any hearings.
- Whether there are any preliminary issues.
- The failure of a client to cooperate with advice
The Costs are likely to be at the lower end range if the case is a free standing wrongful dismissal case or a straight forward unfair dismissal case
Who will carry out the work?
- Trainee Solicitor / Paralegal supervised by a Solicitor.
All the work is supervised by a Director, who retains ultimate responsibility and conduct of matters
What services are included in this?
- Initial attendance at our Offices and consideration of the options and assessing most appropriate way forward based on a client’s circumstances.
- Determining prospect of success and the possible level of damages.
- Negotiating with ACAS and with the employer.
- Considering Documents.
- Drafting ET1 and all Employment Tribunal Documents.
- Preparing witness statements and bundles
- Attending hearings.
- Instructing a barrister if required
- Considering and advising on Employment Tribunal Documents.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Employment Tribunal fees.
- Other expenses where applicable such as travel, payment for copy documents etc..
- Counsel or expert fees.
- Employment Tribunal Costs Orders made against a client.
- Appeal costs.
- The Enforcement of any order.
We will let you know at the earliest opportunity and before any such fees are incurred by a client, if any of these are applicable.
- Unfair Dismissal and Wrongful dismissal cases take between 1 month to 1 year from initial instructions.
- Most cases have an initial time limit of 3 months minus one day to bring a case to an Employment Tribunal.
- Some wrongful dismissal cases can be brought to the County Court where the time limit is 6 years.
- The Employment Tribunal may reserve Judgement and list separate remedy hearings, which increase the length of time.
Please note that the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.