International Child Abduction Lawyers

Duncan Lewis International Child Abduction Lawyers




Duncan Lewis divorce solicitors have a successful track record in advising clients on international parent child abduction, with associates in most overseas jurisdictions and staff who speak more than 70 languages between them.


Duncan Lewis is also one of only 28 law firms in the UK on the Lord Chancellor’s Child Abduction and Contact Panel – and has considerable expertise in bringing about swift resolution in parent child abduction cases and returning a child to the custodial parent; as well as representing parents whose children have been taken abroad without their consent in Hague Convention cases.


Duncan Lewis will also act quickly in cases where a parents may suspect their child will be taken abroad by a non-custodial partner or other family member, including seeking court orders to prevent the child being removed from their home – including cases which may involve abduction for the purposes of forced marriage in another jurisdiction or female genital mutilation overseas (FGM), which will usually involve working with the police and border agencies.




In cases where a child has already been removed from the UK – or is at risk of being removed from the custodial parent unlawfully – Duncan Lewis can advise on applying to the High Court to make them a ward of court, including when a court order for their return has not been complied with.


If a child has been taken to a country which is not signed up to the Hague Convention, Duncan Lewis can also advise on wardship, in which the court of England and Wales is made the child’s legal guardian.


Duncan Lewis has highly successful departments covering immigration law, child care law and litigation – and offers recognised expertise in resolving international parent-child abduction cases.


Duncan Lewis children lawyers can also advise on international divorce and child care matters under Islamic law – and can also arrange for lawyers supported family mediation and dispute resolution in cases where there is dispute between parents over the custody of a child involving more than one jurisdiction.


Duncan Lewis International Child Abduction Lawyers – Legal Aid and Fixed Fee Legal Advice


Clients may be eligible for Legal Aid funding for cases involving child protection and child abduction.


Duncan Lewis can advise further on funding options at the initial client meeting, when the case will be assessed.


If a client is not eligible for Legal Aid, Duncan Lewis offers fixed fee scales, including an initial client meeting to assess a case at a set fee .


Fixed fees for further legal work will also apply and a client will be advised of these in advance.


Duncan Lewis advises clients to get in touch as soon as possible in cases involving international parent child abduction, so that swift action can be taken to prevent a child being taken overseas unlawfully – or to initiate proceedings for the return of a child who has been removed unlawfully from the custodial parent.


For expert legal advice on International Child Abduction, call Duncan Lewis Children Lawyers in confidence on 020 7923 4020.

Contact Us
"The area of Family Law can be both highly sensitive and you need advice you can trust"
Duncan Lewis Solicitors, Lawyers, Legal Aid, Free legal Advice