Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Disrepair by a Landlord Claims

Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors – Claims arising from Disrepair of Property by Landlord


Under the Housing Act, landlords have a legal duty to ensure that any property they let is of a reasonable standard and complies with health and safety legislation.


Sadly,, many tenants can be left at risk of injury if their landlord fails to maintain a property – which, in some tragic cases, can result in fatal outcomes.


Duncan Lewis personal injury claims solicitors are one of the leading no win no fee claims firms in England and Wales – and our specialist claims team frequently advises on compensation claims involving injury that took place in:


  • Armed Forces accommodation
  • Care homes
  • Housing Association accommodation
  • Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
  • Local authority accommodation and housing
  • Private sector rented accommodation
  • Residential retirement developments
  • Sheltered housing accommodation


Duncan Lewis Solicitors also have a leading property and housing law department and are therefore well placed to advise tenants who have suffered injury as a result of disrepair of property by a landlord.


Our specialist claims solicitors frequently handle compensation claims involving tenants who have suffered injury involving:


  • Burns
  • Carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Damp and mould
  • Electrical shocks and electrocution
  • Falls from height
  • Fire injuries
  • Illness from insect or vermin infestation (leptospirosis, gastroenteritis)
  • Lead poisoning
  • Legionnaire’s disease
  • Lung conditions (bronchitis, pneumonia, TB)
  • Skin Infections and conditions


Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors can guide tenants through the process of making a claim for compensation if landlord disrepair or negligence has caused them to fall ill, sustain injury, or develop a condition or infection as a result of damp or unsanitary conditions.


Living in poorly maintained accommodation may also lead to depressive conditions – especially if a tenant is housed in overcrowded and substandard accommodation.


It is illegal for a landlord to house tenants in accommodation which is a risk to their health and wellbeing – our claims solicitors are here to help tenants make a claim if they have sustained injury or illness as a result of disrepair.


How to make a claim for injury arising from disrepair of property by a landlord


There is usually a three-year time limit for making no win no fee personal injury claims from the time of injury..


Children who are injured or develop illness arising from disrepair of property by a landlord can make a claim up to the age of 21 for injuries or illness suffered before the age of 18.Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor can also advise parents or guardians on how to make a compensation claim before the child reaches the age of 18 by acting as the child’s Litigation Friend.


Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors also offer a supportive legal service to bereaved families whose loved one has lost their life as a result of landlord disrepair, as in the case of house fires or electrocution caused by negligence, carbon monoxide poisoning or Legionnaire’s disease.


Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors always press for maximum compensation – and in cases where catastrophic injury or long-term disability has resulted from landlord’s disrepair, your Duncan Lewis solicitor will advise on rehabilitation, access to welfare benefits, adaptations to the home and mobility aids (and assistive devices,) as well as compensation to cover the cost of ongoing medical treatment and care.


Contacting Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors


Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors accept landlord’s disrepair personal injury claims on a no win no fee basis.


Duncan Lewis Solicitors have offices across England and Wales – call 033 3772 0409 and ask to speak to a member of our claims team handling landlord’s disrepair personal injury claims. A family member can call on behalf of a loved one recovering in hospital from injury or illness caused by disrepair of rental accommodation, or who is unable to call.


Our staff speak more than 70 languages between them – and your Duncan Lewis claims solicitor will ensure you receive the compensation you need to recover from your injury or illness caused by landlord’s disrepair, so that you can move forwards and rebuild your life.


For all Personal Injury related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.