The Public Law department challenges decisions which would otherwise be non appealable made by public bodies. These can be central or local government, or other organisations carrying out public functions.
Our work includes advising upon challenges to decisions of:
- Children & Family Court Advisory Support Service
- Criminal Cases Review Commission
- HM Prison Service
- Local Authorities
- Metropolitan Police
- Independent Police Complaints Commission
- National Asylum Support Service
- NHS Trusts
- Parole Board
- Probation Service
- UK Border Agency
- Tribunal decisions that cannot be challenged on appeal – e.g. a refusal to extend time to bring an appeal
We conduct all stages of such matters from initial pre-action correspondence to filing, conducting and settling claims and costs negotiations and litigation.
We carry out both publicly and privately funded work.