Where can I find legal advice, advocacy assistance and representation at a hearing regarding professional proceedings?
What are my professional prospects if a finding is proved against me in proceedings brought by my regulator?
If professional proceedings against an individual are successful they can have a negative impact upon their future employment prospects. Additionally, it can cause the individual concerned high levels of anxiety and stress.
In regulatory proceedings it is important to take legal advice early on. It may be possible to avoid proceedings through litigation, or it will allow the individual time to take advice on how to improve their prospects of success i.e. to take suitable courses.
How can Duncan Lewis Regulatory Fitness to Practice solicitors assist you in proceedings regarding your job?
Duncan Lewis Solicitors are experts in representing professionals in proceedings brought against them by regulators. We can assist in a wide variety of proceedings against many different types of regulators. In these proceedings, we are able to assist you in:
- Provide advice during investigations across a broad area of issues, such as: alleged misconduct, competency issues and health-related matters during investigations. We can assist you to gather evidence to support your case, and request witness evidence from sensitive and vulnerable witnesses;
- Provide advice on seeking judicial review of a regulatory body’s decision where appropriate on grounds of unlawfulness, unfairness or unreasonableness and breach of human rights. We regularly represent persons in proceedings involving internal review panels, first tier tribunals and appeals to the High Court.
- Help individuals to defend their professional standing in Fitness to Practice proceedings;
- Provide legal assistance, and advocacy before interim orders committees, professional conduct committees, competence committees, registration appeals panels and the Care Standards Tribunals. Our Solicitors regularly appear before tribunals on a weekly basis.
- Provide advice to challenge decisions of regulatory bodies by way of appeals to the relevant tribunal or court.
Overall, it is our goal to bring you peace of mind and aim to get you the best possible result.
If you are a professional with a regulatory query, or you wish to appeal the decision of a tribunal, or a decision to withdraw your licence to practice, then contact Duncan Lewis Regulatory Fitness to Practice solicitors on 0333 772 04 09.