Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Who are Social Services?

Who are Social Services?


Social Services, also referred to as the Local Authority or children`s services, are a Government body with a legal obligation to safeguard and promote the welfare of a child.  If social services become involved with a family, then the family will be allocated a Social Worker, who will advise and assist them throughout any assessments, enquiries or court proceedings. 


It is extremely important that parents meaningfully engage with Social Services and undertake any work which has been recommended for them.


What involvement can Social Services have?


Social Services can be involved with the family in a number of different ways. Please click on the below tabs to discover the ways in which Social Services can be involved.


For all Child Care related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.