Child and Adult Dependents

Child and Adult Dependents


Duncan Lewis UK Immigration Solicitors – No win no fee
UK Child/Dependent Visa – Fixed Fee – Free initial telephone consultation


If you are a British national or are settled in the UK, any children or adults who depend upon you may be able to come to the UK to live with you. These applications must be made from outside the UK.




To be considered for this visa, a child must be:

  • Under 18
  • Unmarried and not in a civil partnership
  • Be coming to the UK to join their parents, who must both be settled here. There are some exceptions to this third requirement and someone from our team will be able to assess your personal circumstances and advise you on your child’s eligibility for this visa.


Adopted Children


Bringing adopted children into the UK requires you to prove that, in addition to the above, you have full and genuine parental responsibility. One of our immigration fee earners will be able to advise you on how this can be proved.


Adult Dependent Relatives


You will be able to apply for an Adult dependent relative’s visa if you:

  • Are 18 years of age or over
  • Are a parent, grandparent, sibling, son or daughter of a British national or of someone who is settled in the UK
  • You require long term help performing everyday tasks – such as washing, cooking and generally looking after yourself
  • You have physical and/or mental health disabilities
  • You are not able to get the support you need in the country you currently live in
  • Your UK based relative on whom you depend is able to support you financially without relying on government benefits


If you think you or your dependent relative might be eligible for this visa, you can contact a member of our immigration team for further advice or to start the visa application process. Once your visa has been granted, we will be able to provide further information on what will happen on your arrival in the UK.


If your UK child dependent or adult dependent visa application is refused with no right to appeal, we can assist by way of Judicial Review. At Duncan Lewis Solicitors, we are experts at challenging the Home Office through Judicial Review. Our team of UK immigration solicitors are highly experienced with making Judicial Review claims against the UK Home Office.


For a free initial consultation over the telephone with one of our expert UK immigration lawyers, call us today on +44(0)203 114 1198 or e-mail us at

Contact Us
"The strength in depth to give you the specialist expertise you need."
Duncan Lewis Solicitors, Lawyers, Legal Aid, Free legal Advice