Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Civil Engineers

Civil Engineers - UK Visa Applications

Recruiting high calibre civil engineers in an increasingly competitive global market can prove a challenge for UK firms in an employment sector with serious skills shortages in STEM subjects.


Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise companies on overseas recruitment of civil engineers, who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations governing occupations skilled to NQF Level 6 – our immigration lawyers have expertise in visa applications for civil engineers in the built environment and across all sectors, including:


Automative & Aviation






Transport & Highways



Building services

Oil and Gas

Hardware engineers



Software engineers


Power and Energy

Systems engineers


Renewable Energy



Water engineers

Other engineering


Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise companies wishing to recruit civil engineers from overseas on Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified in engineering in the UK.


Any Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for civil engineers wishing to apply for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa to take up a position in the UK.


UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as civil engineers.


Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa application include:


  • Building engineer
  • Civil engineer (professional)
  • Highways engineer
  • Petroleum engineer
  • Public health engineer
  • Site engineer
  • Structural engineer.


UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties a civil engineer might undertake to qualify for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa, including:


  • undertakes research and advises on soil mechanics, concrete technology, hydraulics, water and waste water treatment processes and other civil engineering matters
  • determines and specifies construction methods, materials, quality and safety standards and ensures that equipment operation and maintenance comply with design specifications
  • designs foundations and earthworks
  • designs structures such as roads, dams, bridges, railways, hydraulic systems, sewerage systems, industrial and other buildings and plans the layout of tunnels, wells and construction shafts
  • organises and plans projects, arranges work schedules, carries out inspection work and plans maintenance control
  • organises and establishes control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of materials and systems.


We will be able to advise you further on this; kindly get in touch with us at privateimmigration@duncanlewis.com / businessimmigration@duncanlewis.com


Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Civil Engineer 


Applying for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa for a civil engineer joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.

Companies should be aware that any delays in the Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of an appointment.


Duncan Lewis is one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration, the UK visa application process and UK business immigration law.


Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers can advise companies wishing to recruit high-calibre civil engineers from overseas on:


  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Licence 
  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Visa Applications
  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Intra Company Transfers
  • Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.


Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for civil engineers wishing to take up appointments in the UK.


For further information on UK visa applications for Civil Engineers, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 or e-mail us at privateimmigration@duncanlewis.com / businessimmigration@duncanlewis.com


For all Personal Immigration Solicitors related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.