Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Parent Of A Child Present In The UK

Parent Of A Child Present In The UK


It may be possible for you to apply to remain in the UK if you are the parent of a child who is:


  • Under the age of 18
  • A British Citizen
  • Has indefinite leave to remain; or
  • Has been living in the UK for a continuous period of seven years and it would be unreasonable for them to leave.


How do I make an application as a Parent of a Child present in the UK?


If you are in the UK, you must submit an application to the Home Office and pay a fee. You must provide evidence of sole responsibility or direct access to your child and that you are taking an active role in your child’s life. Depending on your circumstances you will either be granted leave under the 5 year or 10 year route to settlement.


The supporting documents which can be provided will vary depending on your circumstances. If your child lives with the other parent, you should normally include evidence of your right to access to your child in the form of a court order. To establish that you take an active role in your child’s life you could include letters from the school to confirm you have attended parent’s evening and school trips.


The immigration rules and guidance in relation to making an application can be very complex and daunting not to mention ever changing. The most common reasons for refusal include misunderstanding the rules, failing to include the correct supporting documents in the format required and often obtaining inaccurate advice leading to a rejection.


As a regulated law firm, with a leading immigration team recognised by the Legal 500 and Chambers, all work is undertaken by experience professionals. We will ensure that your application is thoroughly prepared in accordance with the latest rules, with the correct supporting documents and vetted carefully before final submission to the immigration authorities.


If you think you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain under the 10 year route, you can contact a member of our immigration team for further advice or to start the visa application process today on +44(0)203 114 1198 or e-mail us at privateimmigration@duncanlewis.com.

For all Personal Immigration Solicitors related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.