Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Ten Years Long Residence

Ten Years Long Residence


If you have resided in the UK lawfully for a continuous period of 10 years you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of your long residence.


How do I make a 10 year rule application for indefinite leave to remain?


It is important that you review your immigration history carefully and ensure that there have been no breaks in your leave between your visas. You should also ensure, where possible that you have retained all your passports as evidence of your stay whilst in the UK.


You will be required to satisfy the English Language requirements and will have to have successfully passed the Life in the UK test.


It will also assist your application if you can provide references from any friends and family who have known you and can testify to your good character whilst you have been in the UK.


Any breaks in your leave for up to 28 days can be disregarded if they occurred before 24 November 2016. After this date, only breaks of 14 days will be disregarded.


We have successfully assisted numerous individuals under the 10 year route including complex cases, where there were a number of breaks in leave. We have also successfully obtained indefinite leave to remain for applicants who are exempt from immigration rules, such as diplomats.


The immigration rules and guidance in relation to making an application can be very complex and daunting not to mention ever changing. The most common reasons for refusal include misunderstanding the rules, failing to include the correct supporting documents in the format required and often obtaining inaccurate advice leading to a rejection.


As a regulated law firm, with a leading immigration team recognised by the Legal 500 and Chambers, all work is undertaken by experienced professionals. We will ensure that your application is thoroughly prepared in accordance with the latest rules, with the correct supporting documents and vetted carefully before final submission to the immigration authorities.


If you think you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain under the 10 year route, you can contact a member of our immigration team for further advice or to start the visa application process today on +44(0)203 114 1198 or e-mail us at privateimmigration@duncanlewis.com.


For all Personal Immigration Solicitors related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.