Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Mechanical Engineers

Mechanical Engineers - UK Visa Applications


Job opportunities for mechanical engineers are predicted to grow by around 5% by the mid-2020’s, in line with other occupations – and with skills shortages in STEM subjects in the UK, recruitment of overseas staff can be imperative for companies wishing to maintain a skilled workforce and compete in a global market.


Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors have considerable expertise in business immigration – and can help companies recruit the staff they need from overseas, including the best and brightest international candidates in the engineering sector.


Qualified and experienced mechanical engineers relocating to the UK to work are eligible for a UK visa under the regulations governing occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.


Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers can advise companies wishing to recruit civil engineers from overseas on Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) applications – as well as advising on the recruitment of recent overseas graduates who have qualified as mechanical engineers in the UK.


Our business immigration lawyers can advise on the international recruitment of mechanical engineers across all fields, including industry, bioscience, manufacturing, metallurgy, transport, biomedical and electrical engineering.


Any Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for civil engineers wishing to apply for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa to take up a position in the UK. 


UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as mechanical engineers.


Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa application include:


  • Aeronautical engineer
  • Aerospace engineer
  • Automotive engineer
  • Marine engineer
  • Mechanical engineer.


UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the duties a civil engineer role might involve to qualify for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa, including


  • undertakes research and advises on energy use, materials handling, thermodynamic processes, fluid mechanics, vehicles and environmental controls
  • determines materials, equipment, piping, capacities, layout of plant or system and specification for manufacture
  • designs mechanical equipment, such as steam, internal combustion and other non-electrical motors for railway locomotives, road vehicles, aeroplanes and other machinery
  • ensures that equipment, operation and maintenance comply with design specifications and safety standards
  • organises and establishes control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of materials and systems.


We will be able to advise you further on this; kindly get in touch with us at privateimmigration@duncanlewis.com / businessimmigration@duncanlewis.com


Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Mechanical Engineer


Applying for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa for a mechanical engineer joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.


Companies should be aware that any delays in the Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a mechanical engineer appointment.


Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration, the UK visa application process and the UK Immigration Act.


Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers can advise companies wishing to recruit high-calibre mechanical engineers from overseas on:


  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Licence 
  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Certificate of  Sponsorship (CoS)
  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Visa Applications
  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Intra Company Transfers
  • Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.


Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for mechanical engineers wishing to take up appointments in the UK.


For further information on UK visa applications for mechanical engineers, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 or e-mail us at privateimmigration@duncanlewis.com / businessimmigration@duncanlewis.com


For all Personal Immigration Solicitors related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.