Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Dependent Visa

Child’s Visa and Adult Dependent Relative’s Visa


If you are a British national or are settled in the UK, any children or adults who depend upon you may be able to come to the UK to live with you. These applications must be made from outside the UK.




To be considered for this visa, a child must be:

  • Under 18
  • Unmarried and not in a civil partnership
  • Be coming to the UK to join their parents, who must both be settled here. There are some exceptions to this third requirement and someone from our team will be able to assess your personal circumstances and advise you on your child’s eligibility for this visa.


Adopted Children


Bringing adopted children into the UK requires you to prove that, in addition to the above, you have full and genuine parental responsibility. One of our immigration fee earners will be able to advise you on how this can be proved.


Adult Dependent Relatives


You will be able to apply for an Adult dependent relative’s visa if you:

  • Are 18 years of age or over
  • Are a parent, grandparent, sibling, son or daughter of a British national or of someone who is settled in the UK
  • You require long term help performing everyday tasks – such as washing, cooking and generally looking after yourself
  • You are not able to get the support you need in the country you currently live in
  • Your UK based relative on whom you depend is able to support you financially without relying on government benefits


If you think you or your dependent relative might be eligible for this visa, you can contact a member of our immigration team for further advice or to start the visa application process. Once your visa has been granted, we will be able to provide further information on what will happen on your arrival in the UK.


Funding Your Case


Our immigration solicitors and Immigration lawyers will advise you on how to fund your case. Legal aid may be available in very limited circumstances depending upon the facts of your case. Our specialist team of immigration solicitors, offer competitive fixed fees.



For all Personal Immigration Solicitors related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.