Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Engineering Professionals Not Classified Elsewhere

Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – 

Engineering Professional Not Classified Elsewhere - UK Visa Applications


Because engineering roles may require multidisciplinary engineering professionals working in a cross-disciplinary environment, companies can find themselves vying for high calibre candidates in an increasingly competitive global recruitment market.


The serious skills shortages in STEM subjects in the UK – and the fact that overseas engineering graduates trained in the UK must now return to their home countries to make a further visa application – adds to the pressure UK engineering firms already experience in hitting recruitment targets for engineering professionals, especially if a role is multidisciplinary.


Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise companies on the international recruitment of engineering professionals not classified elsewhere – who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.


Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise companies and individuals on Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified as engineers in the UK.


Any Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for engineering professionals not classified elsewhere, who wish to apply for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa to take up a position in the UK.


UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as engineering professional (not classified elsewhere).


Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa application include:


  • Acoustician (professional)
  • Ceramicist
  • Food technologist
  • Metallurgist
  • Patent agent
  • Project engineer
  • Scientific consultant
  • Technical engineer
  • Technologist
  • Traffic engineer.


UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties an engineering professional (nce) role might involve to qualify for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa, including:


  • researches into problem areas to advance basic knowledge, evaluate new theories and techniques to solve specific problems
  • establishes principles and techniques to improve the quality, durability and performance of materials such as textiles, glass, rubber, plastics, ceramics, metals and alloys
  • designs new systems and equipment with regard to cost, market requirements and feasibility of manufacture
  • devises and implements control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of system and materials
  • prepares sketches, drawings and specifications showing materials to be used, construction and finishing methods and other details
  • examines and advises on patent applications
  • provides technical consultancy services.


We will be able to advise you further on this; kindly get in touch with us at privateimmigration@duncanlewis.com / businessimmigration@duncanlewis.com


Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Engineering Professional (not classified elsewhere)


Applying for a Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa for an engineering professional (not elsewhere classified) joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.


Companies should be aware that any delays in the Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of an engineering professional appointment.


Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration, the UK visa application process and UK Immigration Act.


Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers can advise companies wishing to recruit high-calibre engineering professionals (not elsewhere classified) from overseas on: 


  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Licence 
  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Visa Applications
  • Skilled Worker (formerly known as Tier 2) Intra Company Transfers
  • Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.


Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for engineering professionals not classified elsewhere wishing to take up appointments in the UK.


For further information on UK visa applications for Engineering Professionals not classified elsewhere, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 or e-mail us at privateimmigration@duncanlewis.com / businessimmigration@duncanlewis.com


For all Personal Immigration Solicitors related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.