Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Rent Arrears – Private Landlord

Rent Arrears – Private Landlord


Getting into rent arrears can be a very distressing experience and if you don’t pay back what you owe you could end up losing your home.


If you do have rent arrears your landlord could try and evict you, otherwise known as seeking possession. In order to do this they must follow legal procedure and get a court order, they cannot legally make you leave without a court order.


Ideally, if you are unable to pay your rent your landlord may be able to come to an agreement of sorts which could prevent court action, however, should court action be taken it is essential to seek the advice of a solicitor.


Get in Touch


Duncan Lewis housing solicitors can advise private sector tenants on rent arrears, including advising on how to respond to a formal notification of legal action under a Section 8 Notice from a landlord and what to do if a possession order has been granted by the court.


We also offer alternatives to court action such as dispute resolution or mediation in order to enable you to remain in the property if you are able to repay the arrears and continue to make rent payments. 


For expert legal advice on what to do if you are in rent arrears with your landlord and other possession matters, do not hesitate to contact one of our dedicated Duncan Lewis Housing Solicitors as soon as possible on 033 3772 0409.


For all Housing related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BN. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.