Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Challenging Local Authority

Challenging Local Authority


You can challenge a local authority or council’s decision to place you on a waiting list if you think there has been a mistake or relevant information had not been taken into account. You could ask for a review of their decision if;


  • You are told you are not allowed on the list
  • You disagree with the priority level you have been given
  • Your medical status was not taken into account
  • The other members of your household were not taken into account
  • Your connection to the local area was not considered


Challenging these decisions may result in it being changed.


Another way you can challenge the local authority is if you have applied for housing and there is a delay in informing you whether you are eligible or not for accommodation, as a result, you may be able to apply for Judicial Review.


If this is successful then any delays made by the council or local authority will be considered illegal and you will be entitled to claim compensation from them.


Get in Touch


When challenging local authorities it is important to seek the advice of a legal expert. At Duncan Lewis out team of housing solicitors will be able to provide the top-quality service you require.


If the authorities have rejected your request, you are entitled to have the decision reviewed. Our specialist housing team can prepare the required documents and follow up on the result once it has been received. Applications to appeal housing decisions have very strict deadlines so we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible if you are in this position.


If you have made an application for housing and your local council or housing authority is delaying telling you whether you are eligible for accommodation, you may be able to apply for Judicial Review. If this is successful the council’s delay will be considered illegal and you will be entitled to compensation from them.


For expert legal advice on challenging local authorities’ decisions or other homeless related problems, do not hesitate to call Duncan Lewis Housing Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409.


For all Housing related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.