Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Housing Association - Disrepair

Disrepair Housing Association


If you are living in property provided by the Housing Association your landlord has to ensure that your home meets a certain standard. This includes;


Being free from ‘category 1 hazards’ – things that can cause serious harm or health problems, such as;


  • Broken boilers
  • Exposed wires
  • Mould
  • Leaking roof
  • Pest or vermin infestation
  • Lack of heat
  • Lack of security
  • Being in a reasonable state of repair
  • Being warm enough
  • Being equipped with reasonably modern facilities


If the property does not live up to these required standards then you may be eligible for compensation.


Get in Touch


If you think your landlord has been negligent in their maintenance of the property you live in, contact one of our dedicated housing solicitors. We offer advice on how to take your case further and our solicitors regularly help tenants bring cases against negligent property owners. Our lawyers will be able to help you bring your complaints to the civil courts and remedy the situation


For expert legal advice on Housing Disrepair matters including problems arising from the Housing Authorities neglecting their duties, your property falling into disrepair and health and safety concerns caused by neglect by the housing association, do not hesitate to contact Duncan Lewis Housing Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409.


For all Housing related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.