Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Homelessness Appeals

Homelessness Appeals


If you are homeless and the council has refused to house you or has delayed the allocation of council housing to you, it may be possible to apply for Judicial Review which is part of the Appeals process.


In successful cases involving Judicial Review, it is likely an applicant will be awarded compensation for not being housed – or for any delay in housing allocation by the local council.


There several decisions which may be appealed, including;


  • Your eligibility for help
  • What the council will or won’t help you with
  • A decision to send you to another area because you are not considered to have a local connection to your current area.
  • The suitability of the provided accommodation
  • Delays or refusals


It is also possible to take legal action if you are allocated a home by the local council which is in such a poor state of repair that you could be considered homeless, for example, the property has serious damp.


Get in Touch


Duncan Lewis advises those who are homeless and are waiting to be housed by the local council to get in touch as soon as possible after a housing decision has been made – or if there is a delay in being housed – to discuss an application for Judicial Review.


We are able to advise on all homelessness matters and suggest that you get in touch with one of our specialist housing solicitors as soon as possible if you are facing or have been made homeless.


If you have made an application for housing and your local council or housing authority is delaying telling you whether you are eligible for accommodation, you may be able to apply for Judicial Review. If this is successful the council’s delay will be considered illegal and you will be entitled to compensation from them.


If you have been made or are being made homeless and you want to appeal a decision made by your council it is important to seek legal advice on how to proceed. For expert legal advice, do not hesitate to call Duncan Lewis Housing Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409.


For all Housing related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.