Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Slip And Trip Claims

Slip and Trip claims


Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors for Slip and Trip Claims


No Win No Fee Slip and Trip Claims


Duncan Lewis is a leading firm of personal injury and Legal Aid solicitors and can advise on making no win no fee slip and trip claims when injury occurs as a result of someone else’s negligence.


What sort of Slip and Trip Injuries can I claim for?


Slip and trip injuries are often sustained because of poor maintenance and health and safety issues.


Slip and trip holiday accidents can occur if hotel floors are mopped and left wet without a hazard sign left to warn holidaymakers.


Food or drinks spilled on floors and stairs are another common cause of slip and trip accidents.


Hazards like broken paving stones, badly maintained public highways and crumbling steps or worn carpet on stairs can all lead to a slip and trip injury – which can be serious if injuries such as a broken ankle occur.


Slip and trip injuries which can be claim for include:


  • Amputation
  • Brain injury
  • Brain haemorrhage
  • Bruising
  • Concussion
  • Dislocation
  • Head injury
  • Fractures
  • Internal injuries
  • Lacerations
  • Muscle damage
  • Nerve damage
  • Paraplegia/quadriplegia/tetraplegia
  • Spinal injuries
  • Sprains.


Most slip and trip injuries get better with time, but sometimes catastrophic injuries or life changing injuries occur. Minor injuries can become more serious if a blood clot develops, as can happen with concussion; or a serious fracture occurs, such as a broken ankle which fails to heal.


How long do I have to claim for Slip and Trip Injuries?


Claims for slip and trip compensation fall under the area of law known as personal injury.


Personal injury claimants usually have three years from the date of the injury to make a claim for slip and trip compensation.


Claims can sometimes be made outside the three-year limitation period, however.


Because of the limitation period for personal injury claims, it is important to seek legal advice from Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors as soon as possible if you are injured in a slip and trip accident.


Family members can call Duncan Lewis for advice on making a claim if a loved one has been injured and is still recovering in hospital.


How much compensation can I claim for Slip and Trip Accidents?


Compensation for Slip and Trip accidents includes:


  • General Damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity
    The exact amount will be assessed according to the extent of injury, estimated recovery time and rehabilitation needed – and whether further medical treatment or even lifelong care is needed.
  • Special Damages to cover medical fees and out-of-pocket expenses
    Expenses might include physiotherapy, loss of earnings, travel expenses to hospital or damage to personal items. In more serious cases, ongoing care, loss of future salary and pension or adaptations to your home would be included.


Who pays my slip and trip accident compensation?


Compensation claims for slip and trip accidents are paid by the insurer of whoever is liable for the accident.


If you booked a package holiday and were injured as a result of slipping on a wet floor, for example, your tour operator’s insurer would most likely pay the compensation.


If you slip at work, your employer’s insurer would pay – and if you slip or trip on the public highway, a claim might be settled by the insurer of whoever is responsible for maintaining the public highway.


Will I have to go to court to claim compensation?


Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor will keep you fully informed at all stages of the case.


Most claims for slip and trip accident compensation are settled out-of-court – Duncan Lewis personal injury lawyers negotiate hard to get the best settlement for you.


But if a court hearing is necessary, Duncan Lewis instructs leading barristers who specialise in slip and trip personal injury cases, to make sure you have the best legal representation possible.


Why Duncan Lewis is the best solicitor for Slip and Trip Claims


  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors understand just how traumatic and upsetting slip and trip accidents and injury can be – we believe in putting you and your family first to obtain the best results for you
  • Duncan Lewis is one of the leading firms of Personal Injury and Legal Aid solicitors in the UK
  • Our initial advice on making a claim for slip and trip accidents is free
  • Duncan Lewis accepts slip and trip accident claims on a no win no fee basis, so you will not have to worry about legal fees
  • We will visit you at home if you are recovering from injuries sustained in a slip and trip accident – and can arrange expert medical opinions to help back up your claim
  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors will make sure you understand every stage of your slip and trip accident claim
  • We will handle negotiations for you, so you do not have to worry while you are recovering from your injuries.


Accidents happen – but Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors have a successful track record in slip and trip accident claims.


Contact Duncan Lewis for free advice on making a slip and trip accident compensation claim by calling 020 7923 4020.

For all Personal Injury related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.