Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Military Accident Claims

Military Accident Claims


Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors for Military Accident Claims


No Win No Fee Military Accident Claims


Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors can advise on making a military accident claim for compensation on a no win no fee basis.


Duncan Lewis is one of the UK’s leading personal injury firms – and is also a leading Legal Aid firm.


Whether your injuries were sustained on active service or in training, Duncan Lewis can advise on making a compensation claim against the Ministry of Defence (MoD) for Armed Forces Compensation.


Army, Royal Navy and RAF Military Accident Claims


The MoD is an employer like any other employer and as such has a duty to make sure its personnel are properly trained and equipped and risks are managed and minimised.


Whether your injuries were acquired on the training ground or in live combat, you are entitled to compensation if you were let down by poor equipment, lack of training or the incident was caused by the negligence of another party.


Military accident injuries you might be able to claim for include:


  • Amputation
  • Blindness/sight impairment
  • Blood clots
  • Brain haemorrhage/stroke
  • Brain injury
  • Bullying
  • Burns/scalds/abrasions
  • Poisoning/hazardous materials exposure
  • Colostomy
  • Concussion
  • Crush injuries
  • Deafness/hearing impairment
  • Facial disfigurement
  • Fractures/dislocations
  • Genital injuries/sexual dysfunction
  • Head injury
  • Hospital-acquired infections (MRSA, Sepsis)
  • Hysterectomy
  • Gunshot wounds (friendly fire)
  • Industrial disease
  • Infections (gangrene, Trench foot)
  • Internal injuries (ruptured spleen, internal bleeding)
  • Lacerations
  • Mental health disorders (combat fatigue)
  • Muscle/ligament damage
  • Nerve damage
  • Paraplegia/quadriplegia/tetraplegia
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
  • Scarring/ tissue necrosis
  • Spinal injury
  • Sprains and strains
  • Tropical diseases (malaria, dengue fever, Hepatitis C, Ebola).


If your injury was misdiagnosed or the medical treatment you received fell below acceptable standards and caused further injury, you may also be able to make a medical negligence claim.


How soon can I make a Military Accident Claim?


Military accident claims in the civil courts fall under the area of law known as personal injury.


Personal injury claimants usually have three years from the date of the injury to make a claim.


Claims can sometimes be made outside the three-year limitation period, however.


Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor will be able to advise you further on making a military accident claim, as well as offering guidance on claiming through the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.


Because of the limitation period for personal injury claims, however, it is important to seek legal advice from Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors as soon as possible if you would like to make a military accident claim in the civil court.


Family members can call Duncan Lewis for advice on making a military accident claim if a loved one in the Armed Forces has been injured in a military accident and is still recovering in hospital.


How much compensation can I claim for Military Accident Injuries?


Compensation for military accident injuries include:


  • General Damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity
    The exact amount will be assessed according to the extent of injury, estimated recovery time and rehabilitation needed – and whether further medical treatment or even lifelong care is needed.
  • Special Damages to cover medical fees and out-of-pocket expenses
    Expenses might include physiotherapy, loss of earnings, travel expenses to hospital or damage to personal items. In more serious cases, ongoing care, loss of future salary and pension or adaptations to your home would be included. .


Will the MoD settle pay my military accident claim?


Employers have a legal duty to ensure safe working practices – regardless of the nature of your work.


In the case of civil actions for military accident compensation, it will be the MoD’s insurers who will pay you personal injury compensation in any settlement.


Many personal injury claims are settled out-of-court by insurers, so you do not have to worry that making a claim for military accident compensation will cause problems for you if you wish to continue working for the Armed Forces.


Will I have to go to court to claim compensation?


Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor will keep you fully informed at all stages of the case.


Many military accident claims are settled out-of-court – Duncan Lewis personal injury lawyers negotiate hard to get the best settlement for you.


But if a court hearing is necessary, Duncan Lewis instructs leading personal injury barristers with experience of military accident claims, to make sure you have the best legal representation possible.


Why Duncan Lewis is the best solicitor for Military Accident Claims


  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors understand just how traumatic sustaining injury in the Armed Forces can be – we believe in putting you and your family first to obtain the best results for you
  • Duncan Lewis is one of the leading firms of Personal Injury and Legal Aid solicitors in the UK
  • Our initial advice on making a military accident claim accident is free
  • Duncan Lewis accepts military accident claims on a no win no fee basis, so you will not have to worry about legal fees
  • We will visit you at home if you are recovering from injuries sustained in a military accident – and can arrange expert medical opinions to help back up your claim, as well as putting you in touch with agencies who can help you with rehabilitation
  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors will make sure you understand every stage of your military accident claim
  • We will handle negotiations for you, so you do not have to worry while you are recovering from your injuries
  • Duncan Lewis always goes for maximum compensation for its Armed Forces clients – and will push for an interim payment whenever possible.


Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors have a successful track record in military accident claims and will make sure you win the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries.


Contact Duncan Lewis for free advice on making a military accident claim by calling 020 7923 4020.

For all Personal Injury related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.