Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Children^s Accidents

Children's Accidents


Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors for Children’s Accidents


No Win No Fee Claims for Children’s Accident Compensation


Duncan Lewis is one of the UK’s leading firms of personal injury and Legal Aid solicitors – and can advise on how to make a no win no fee compensation claim for children’s accidents and injuries.


What sort of Children’s Accidents can I claim for?


Childhood should be an adventure – but sometimes children are injured as a result of accidents in the home, at school and while out and about.


The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) has found that children under the age of four are most at risk of injury in the home.


Children’s accidents in the home can include unstable flat screen TVs toppling over, accidents involving dangerous cords on roller blinds, as well as dog bites and injuries from faulty products like infant car safety seats or toys which do not conform to CE safety standards.


Allergic reactions to toxic chemicals in products can also cause injury – and products which contain nuts but have no warning label can be especially dangerous.


Holidays should be fun-filled for children – but researchers have found that most children involved in swimming pool accidents are injured during the first 24 hours of a holiday, when parents are relaxing after a stressful journey and children may wander off unobserved and into danger, or badly maintained hotel pools.


Children are often injured in playground accidents – and also in road traffic accidents as a result of careless or reckless drivers.


Children’s accidents in parks and at leisure centres – and sporting accidents resulting from poor supervision or instruction – can all be claimed for if the injuries resulted from another party’s negligence.


Children’s accidents/injuries which parents or guardians can claim for include:

  • Animal attacks (zoos, petting zoos, farm visits, public places, parks)
  • Birth injuries (late delivery, oxygen deprivation, forceps injury)
  • Criminal injuries (assault, murder, child abuse, child sexual abuse)
  • Dog bites (in public places and private homes)
  • Falls from height (climbing frames, slides, windows and balconies)
  • Faulty Products (faulty toys, child safety products, sports equipment)
  • Holiday Accidents & Illness (balcony falls, holiday food poisoning)
  • Medical negligence (surgical errors, misdiagnosis, prescribing errors)
  • Public liability accidents (pools, leisure centres, parks, shops)
  • Horse riding accidents (falls, trampled, kicked, bitten)
  • School accidents (sports, playground, school bus, bullying)
  • Slips and trips (slippery floors, steps, icy pavements)
  • Sports accidents (rugby, water sports, climbing, skiing)
  • Road traffic accidents (RTAs) (passenger, pedestrian, cyclist)

Some of the children’s injuries which can be claimed for include:

  • Allergic reactions
  • Amputation
  • Birth injuries
  • Blindness/sight impairment
  • Brain injury/head injury
  • Burns and scalds
  • Carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Cognitive impairment
  • Concussion
  • Crush injuries
  • Cuts and lacerations
  • Deafness/hearing impairment
  • Dental/mouth/facial injuries
  • Electric shock
  • Fractures
  • Paraplegia/quadriplegia/tetraplegia
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Scarring
  • Spinal and back injuries.
How long do I have to claim for Children’s Injuries?


Claims for children’s accident compensation fall under the area of law known as personal injury.


Personal injury claimants usually have three years from the date of the injury to make a claim for compensation – however, children have three years from the age of 18 to make a claim.


Parents or guardians can become a child’s “Litigation Friend” to make a claim for them before they reach the age of 18, however.


Call Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors for free advice on making a no win no fee children’s accident claim.


How much compensation can I claim for Children’s Accidents?


Compensation for Children’s Accidents includes:

  • General Damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity
    The exact amount will be assessed according to the extent of injury, estimated recovery time and rehabilitation needed – and whether further medical treatment or even lifelong care is needed.
  • Special Damages to cover medical fees and out-of-pocket expenses
    Expenses might include physiotherapy, travel expenses to hospital or damage to personal items. In more serious cases, ongoing care, loss of future salary and pension or adaptations to the family home or family car would be included.
    • Who pays the compensation for Children’s Accidents?


      Compensation for children’s accidents is paid by the individual or insurer of a company liable for the injury – for example, the insurer of a tour operator, the owner of a dog which attacked, or the insurance company of the manufacturer of a faulty product.


      If a child suffers injury as a result of criminal activities, compensation is paid by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme – and a no win no fee Criminal Injuries Compensation Claim can also be made.


      Will I have to go to court to claim children’s accident compensation?


      Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor will keep you fully informed at all stages of the case.


      Some claims for children’s accidents are settled out-of-court – Duncan Lewis personal injury lawyers negotiate hard to get the best settlement for you.


      But if a court hearing is necessary, Duncan Lewis instructs leading barristers who specialise in children’s personal injury claims to make sure you have the best legal representation possible.


      Compensation for minors also has to be approved at an Infant Settlement Hearing at the local County Court – the child and their Litigation Fiend has to attend this hearing.


      Why Duncan Lewis is the best solicitor for Children’s Accidents
      • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors understand just how devastating children’s accidents can be – we believe in putting you and your family first to obtain the best results for you
      • Duncan Lewis is one of the leading firms of Personal Injury and Legal Aid solicitors in the UK
      • Our initial advice on making a children’s accident compensation claim is free
      • Duncan Lewis accepts children’s accident and injury compensation claims on a no win no fee basis, so you will not have to worry about legal fees
      • We will visit you at home if you are caring for a child who is recovering from injuries sustained in an accident – and can arrange expert medical opinions to help back up the claim
      • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors will make sure you understand every stage of your children’s accident claim
      • We will handle negotiations for you, so you do not have to worry while your child is recovering from their injuries.

      Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors have a successful track record in accident and injury claims, including compensation claims for children injured in accidents.


      Contact Duncan Lewis for free advice on making a children’s accident compensation claim by calling 020 7923 4020.

      For all Personal Injury related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.