Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Claims Against MoD

Claims against MoD


Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors for Claims Against the MoD


No Win No Fee Claims Against the MoD


Duncan Lewis is a leading firm of personal injury and Legal Aid solicitors and can advise Armed Forces personnel on making no win no fee compensation claims against the Ministry of Defence (MoD).


Can I make a claim against the MoD?


Compensation for injuries suffered in military accidents and active combat are usually compensated under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.


You can also make a no win no fee personal injury claim if your injury was the result of someone else’s negligence or failures in equipment, training or command.


Claims which can be made against the MoD for injury include:


  • Air accidents
  • Bullying injuries
  • Diving accidents
  • Cold weather injuries
  • Medical discharge/PAP10 (Pulhheems Administrative Pamphlet 2010)
  • Medical negligence/delays to medical care
  • Military accidents
  • Negligent discharges
  • Parachute accidents
  • Road traffic accidents.


Injuries which can be claimed for in MoD personal injury claims include:


  • Amputation
  • Blindness/sight impairment
  • Brain injury
  • Burns
  • Cognitive impairment
  • Concussion
  • Crush injuries
  • Deafness/hearing impairment
  • Dental injury
  • Facial disfigurement
  • Fractures
  • Frostbite
  • Gangrene
  • Genital injuries
  • Head injury
  • Lacerations
  • Muscle damage
  • Nerve damage
  • Paraplegia
  • Psychological injury (PTSD)
  • Quadriplegia/tetraplegia
  • Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
  • Scarring
  • Speech impairment
  • Spinal injuries
  • Whiplash injuries.


How long do I have to make a Claim Against the MoD?


Claims for accidents and injury at work compensation fall under the area of law known as personal injury.


Personal injury claimants usually have three years from the date of the injury to make claims against the MoD.


Claims can sometimes be made outside the three-year limitation period, however.


Because of the limitation period for personal injury claims, it is important to seek legal advice from Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors as soon as possible if you wish to make a claim against the MoD.


Family members can call Duncan Lewis for advice on making a claim if a loved one in the Armed Forces has been injured and is still recovering.


How much compensation will I get for Claims Against the MoD?


Compensation for MoD claims includes:


  • General Damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity
    The exact amount will be assessed according to the extent of injury, estimated recovery time and rehabilitation needed – and whether further medical treatment or even lifelong care is needed.
  • Special Damages to cover medical fees and out-of-pocket expenses
    Expenses might include physiotherapy, loss of earnings, travel expenses to hospital or damage to personal items. In more serious cases ongoing care, loss of future salary and pension or adaptations to your home would be included.


Who pays the compensation for Claims Against the MoD?


Injured Armed Forces personnel can make a claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.


In a no win no fee MoD claim for personal injury, compensation will usually be paid by the insurance company of the party liable for the injury – for example, the MoD’s insurance company.


Will I have to go to court to claim compensation?


Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor will keep you fully informed at all stages of the case.


Many MoD personal injury claims are settled out-of-court – Duncan Lewis personal injury lawyers negotiate hard to get the best settlement for you.


But if a court hearing is necessary, Duncan Lewis instructs leading barristers who specialise in MoD personal injury claims, to make sure you have the best legal representation possible.


Why Duncan Lewis is the best solicitor for Claims Against the MoD


  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors understand just how traumatic Armed Forces injuries and making MoD claims can be – we believe in putting you and your family first to obtain the best results for you
  • Duncan Lewis is one of the leading firms of Personal Injury and Legal Aid solicitors in the UK
  • Our initial advice on making a claim against the MoD is free
  • Duncan Lewis accepts MoD claims on a no win no fee basis, so you will not have to worry about legal fees
  • We will visit you at home if you are recovering from injuries sustained as Armed Forces personnel – and can arrange expert medical opinions to help back up your claim
  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors will make sure you understand every stage of your MoD personal injury claim
  • We will handle negotiations for you, so you do not have to worry while you are recovering from your injuries.


Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors have a successful track record in MoD claims.


Contact Duncan Lewis for free advice on making claims against the MoD by calling 020 7923 4020.

For all Personal Injury related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.