Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Crush Injury Compensation Claims

Crush Injury Compensation Claims


Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors for Crush Injury Compensation Claims


No Win No Fee Claims for Crush Injury Compensation


Duncan Lewis is one of the UK’s leading firms of personal injury and Legal Aid solicitors – and can advise on how to make a no win no fee compensation claim for a crush injury which occurred as a result of someone else’s negligence.


Making a Claim for Crush Injury


Crush injuries often occur in work accidents involving heavy machinery or industrial vehicles such as fork-lifts, which can topple over and trap the driver beneath them.


High impact car accidents and horse riding accidents when the horse falls and lands on its rider are also common causes of crush injuries.


Serious crush injuries can involve internal injuries after road traffic accidents – or bicycle accidents when cyclists become trapped between two vehicles or dragged beneath an HGV. Motorbike riders often sustain crush injuries if their bike lands on them after an accident.


In industrial accidents, multiple fractures of the skull and limbs and injuries to internal organs can occur if an employee accesses the moving parts of unguarded machinery to clear jams or to clean it.


Extremities like fingers and toes can also get trapped and sustain crush injuries in the moving parts of escalators, lifts and machinery and hinges of doors or seating like deckchairs.


Deep bruising, pain and broken bones or dislocation and nerve damage, as well as internal bleeding and major organ ruptures are the result of crush injuries. Crush injuries to the spine can involve long-term Rehabilitation.


Accidents resulting in crush injuries include:

  • Falls/falls from height
  • Falling loads
  • Faulty products
  • Holiday accidents
  • Horse riding accident
  • Industrial accidents
  • MoD Claims
  • Nursery/school/college accidents
  • Public liability accidents
  • Road traffic accidents (RTAS)
  • Sports accidents
  • Work-related crush injury.

Any work-related crush injuries which result in an employee being off work or unable to perform their normal duties for seven consecutive days or more should be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) within 15 days. 

If crush injuries leave you with a permanent disability, Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors can advise you further on Industrial Benefit Disablement Injuries and how to claim.


How long do I have to claim Crush Injury Compensation?


Compensation claims for crush injuries fall under the area of law known as personal injury.


Personal injury claimants usually have three years from the date of the injury to make a claim for compensation. 

Claims can sometimes be made outside the three-year limitation period, however – and minors have three years from the age of 18 to make a claim.


Because of the limitation period for personal injury claims, it is important to seek legal advice from Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors as soon as possible if you wish to make a crush injury compensation claim. 

Family members can call Duncan Lewis for advice on making a claim if a loved one has been badly injured with crush injuries and is still recovering in hospital.


How much Compensation can I claim for Crush Injuries?


Claims for Crush Injury Compensation include:

  • General Damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity
    The exact amount will be assessed according to the extent of injury, estimated recovery time and rehabilitation needed – and whether further medical treatment or even lifelong care is needed in the case of severe brain injury after concussion.
  • Special Damages to cover medical fees and out-of-pocket expenses
    Expenses might include physiotherapy, loss of earnings, travel expenses to hospital or damage to personal items. In more serious cases leading to permanent brain injury, ongoing care, loss of future salary and pension or adaptations to your home would be included.
Who pays the Compensation for Crush Injury Claims?


The insurer of the company liable for the injury usually settles compensation claims – for example an employer’s insurer if the crush injury was sustained in a work accident or industrial accident.


MoD claims for crush injuries can be settled under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme – and a no win no fee claim for crush injuries can also be made.


Will I have to go to court to claim compensation?


Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor will keep you fully informed at all stages of the case.


Many claims for crush injury compensation are settled out-of-court – Duncan Lewis personal injury lawyers negotiate hard to get the best settlement for you.


But if a court hearing is necessary, Duncan Lewis instructs leading barristers who specialise in personal injury cases, to make sure you have the best legal representation possible.


Compensation paid to minors for crush injuries has to be approved at an Infant Settlement Hearing at the local County Court – the child and their “Litigation Friend” (usually a parent or guardian) have to attend this hearing.


Why Duncan Lewis is the best solicitor for Crush Injury Compensation Claims
  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors understand just how traumatic and debilitating crush injuries can be – we believe in putting you first to obtain the best results for you
  • Duncan Lewis is one of the leading firms of Personal Injury and Legal Aid solicitors in the UK
  • Our initial advice on making a claim for crush injury compensation is free
  • Duncan Lewis accepts claims for crush injuries on a no win no fee basis, so you will not have to worry about legal fees
  • We will visit you at home if you are recovering from severe crush injuries – and can arrange expert medical opinions to help back up your claim
  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors will make sure you understand every stage of your crush injury compensation claim
  • We will handle negotiations for you, so you do not have to worry while you are recovering from your injuries.

Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors have a successful track record in accident and injury claims.


Contact Duncan Lewis for free advice on making a crush injury compensation claim by calling 020 7923 4020.

For all Personal Injury related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is Spencer House, 29 Grove Hill Road, Harrow, HA1 3BN. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.