Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Road Traffic Accidents

Road Traffic Accidents


Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors for Road Traffic Accidents


No Win No Fee Claims for Road Traffic Accidents


Duncan Lewis is a leading firm of personal injury solicitors and can advise on making no win no fee claims for injuries in road traffic accidents.


Claiming for injuries in Road Traffic Accidents


Making a no win no fee road traffic accident claim can involve claiming for a wide range of injuries as a result of accidents involving cars and vans, bicycles and motorbikes, HGVs and buses or coaches – as well as injuries sustained by pedestrians involved in road accidents or car or motorbike passengers injured in road traffic accidents.


The sort of injuries you can claim for in road traffic accidents (RTAs) include:


  • Amputation
  • Burns/abrasions
  • Cognitive impairment
  • Concussion (mild, moderate or severe)
  • Chest injuries
  • Crush injuries
  • Dislocations
  • Eye injury or loss of an eye
  • Facial disfigurement
  • Fractures
  • Head/brain injury
  • Internal injuries
  • Laceration/scarring
  • Spinal injuries
  • Whiplash injuries.


Whiplash injuries can cover a whole range of injuries to the neck and shoulders or spine which occur when a sudden impact causes the neck to flex backwards and forwards rapidly, putting strain on the neck and muscles in the spine and shoulders.


Fatal road traffic accident claims


The dependents of someone killed in a road traffic accident caused by another party may be able to bring a civil action for RTA compensation – contact Duncan Lewis road traffic accident solicitors for help with this.


The RTA Claims Portal


The Ministry of Justice has introduced a system for fast-tracking low-value personal injury claims for injuries sustained in road traffic accidents.


Claims worth between £1,000 and £10,000 are processed via the RTA Claims Portal.


High-value RTA claims can be complex – especially if catastrophic injuries have been sustained in a road accident and long-term care is required. Contact Duncan Lewis road traffic accidents solicitors for help with making an RTA claim for serious, catastrophic or life changing injuries.


How long do I have to claim for injuries in Road Traffic Accidents?


Claims for road traffic accident compensation fall under the area of law known as personal injury.


Personal injury claimants usually have three years from the date of the injury to make a claim for road traffic accident compensation.


Claims can sometimes be made outside the three-year limitation period, however.


Because of the limitation period for personal injury claims, it is important to seek legal advice from Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors as soon as possible if you are injured in a road traffic accident.


Family members can call Duncan Lewis for advice on making a claim if a loved one has been injured at work and is still recovering in hospital.


How much compensation can I claim for Road Traffic Accidents?


Compensation for Accidents & Injury at Work includes:

  • General Damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity
    The exact amount will be assessed according to the extent of injury, estimated recovery time and rehabilitation needed – and whether further medical treatment or even lifelong care is needed.
  • Special Damages to cover medical fees and out-of-pocket expenses
    Expenses might include physiotherapy, loss of earnings, travel expenses to hospital or damage to personal items. In more serious cases, ongoing care, loss of future salary and pension or adaptations to your home would be included.


Who will pay my road traffic accident compensation?


Many road traffic accident claims are settled out-of-court by the insurers of the person liable for the accident and your injury – usually another motorist.


If you are a passenger in a car or on a motorbike and you have been injured in an accident your relative or friend was liable for as the driver or rider, it will be their insurance company who pays you compensation.


Will I have to go to court to claim compensation?


Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor will keep you fully informed at all stages of the case.


Most claims for road traffic compensation are settled out-of-court and low-value claims are settled through the RTA Claims Portal.


Duncan Lewis personal injury lawyers negotiate hard to get the best settlement for you whether you are making a low-value RTA claims or a claim for serious, catastrophic or life changing injuries in an RTA.


If a court hearing is necessary, Duncan Lewis instructs leading personal injury barristers who specialise in road traffic accident claims, to make sure you have the best legal representation possible.


Why Duncan Lewis is the best claims solicitor for Road Traffic Accidents


  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors understand just how traumatic and upsetting road traffic accidents can be – we believe in putting you and your family first to obtain the best results for you
  • Duncan Lewis is one of the leading firms of Personal Injury and Legal Aid solicitors in the UK
  • Our initial advice on making a claim for road traffic accident compensation is free
  • Duncan Lewis accepts road traffic accident claims on a no win no fee basis, so you will not have to worry about legal fees
  • We will visit you at home if you are recovering from injuries sustained in road traffic accident – and can arrange expert medical opinions to help back up your claim
  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors will make sure you understand every stage of your RTA injury claim
  • We will handle negotiations for you, so you do not have to worry while you are recovering from your road traffic accident injuries.


Accidents happen – but Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors have a successful track record in road traffic accident and injury claims and will make sure you win the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries.


Contact Duncan Lewis for free advice on making a road traffic accident compensation claim by calling 020 7923 4020.

For all Personal Injury related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.