Accidents in Public Places
Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors for Accidents in Public Places
No Win No Fee Claims for Accidents in Public Places
Duncan Lewis is one of the UK’s leading firms of personal injury solicitors –
and our personal injury lawyers offer free initial advice on making a no win no fee claim for injuries sustained in accidents in public places.
What sort of accidents in public places can I claim for?
Accidents in public places you may be able claim compensation for include:
- Burns and scalds in restaurants or on aircraft – or from hot water taps not clearly marked
- Dog bite injuries in parks, on the public highway or on private property
- Electric shocks or burns from electric fences, tracks or wiring not signposted
- Falling scaffolding or masonry injuries in public places
- Falls from staircases and steps in public or private buildings
- Leisure injuries such as horse riding accident injuries
- Leisure park and fairground accident injuries
- Lift, elevator or escalator injuries
- Livestock injuries if there was no warning sign
- Pavement accident injuries
- Playground/school accident injuries
- Slips, trips and falls on wet or slippery floors in public places.
How long do I have to claim for an accident in a public place?
Claims for injuries sustained in accidents in public places fall under the area of law known as personal injury.
Personal injury claimants usually have three years from the date of the injury to make a claim for accidents in public places compensation.
Claims can sometimes be made outside the three-year limitation period – and minors have three years from the age of 18 to make a claim.
Because of the limitation period for personal injury claims, it is important to seek legal advice from Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors as soon as possible after you are injured or injury is diagnosed.
How much compensation can I claim for an accident in a public place?
Compensation for accidents in public places includes:
- General Damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity
The exact amount will be assessed according to the extent of injury, estimated recovery time and rehabilitation needed – and whether further medical treatment or even lifelong care is needed.
- Special Damages to cover medical fees and out-of-pocket expenses
Expenses might include physiotherapy, loss of earnings, travel expenses to hospital or damage to personal items. In more serious cases, ongoing care, loss of future salary and pension or adaptations to your home would be included.
Who do I claim against for accidents in public places?
Compensation claims for accidents in public places will usually be settled by insurers.
In the case of accidents which take place on council property, for example, insurers for the Local Authority would settle claims for accidents in public places compensation, unless another party was found to be liable.
Will I have to go to court to claim compensation?
Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor will keep you fully informed at all stages of the case.
Most claims for accidents in public places compensation are settled out-of-court – Duncan Lewis personal injury lawyers negotiate hard to get the best settlement for you.
But if a court hearing is necessary, Duncan Lewis instructs leading barristers who specialise in personal injury cases, to make sure you have the best legal representation possible.
Why Duncan Lewis is the best solicitor for Accidents in Public Places Claims
- Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors understand just how traumatic and upsetting accidents in public places can be – we believe in putting you first to obtain the best results for you
- Duncan Lewis is one of the leading firms of Personal Injury and Legal Aid solicitors in the UK
- Our initial advice on making a claim for accidents in public places compensation is free
- Duncan Lewis accepts claims for accidents in public places compensation on a no win no fee basis, so you will not have to worry about legal fees
- We will visit you at home if you are recovering from serious injuries sustained in an accident in a public place – and can arrange expert medical opinions to help back up your claim
- Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors will make sure you understand every stage of your claim for accidents in public places compensation
- We will handle negotiations for you, so you do not have to worry while you are recovering from your injuries.
Accidents happen – but Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors have a successful track record in claims for accidents in public places compensation and will make sure you win the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries.
Contact Duncan Lewis for free advice on making a claim for accidents in public places compensation by calling 020 7923 4020.