Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Claims For Fractured /Broken Bones

Compensation Claims For Fractured Bones / Broken Bones


Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors for Fractured Bones/Broken Bones


No Win No Fee Compensation Claims for Fractured Bones/Broken Bones


Duncan Lewis is one of the UK’s leading firms of personal injury and Legal Aid solicitors – and can advise on how to make no win no fee compensation claims for fractured bones/broken bones.


Claiming Compensation for Fractured Bones/Broken bones


Fractures and broken bones can happen at any age.


Infants can be born with genetic diseases such as osteogenesis imperfecta which predisposes them to bone fractures – but doctors may have suspicions that a child is being abused if they are frequently taken to hospital with multiple unexplained fractures.


Adults can also suffer from brittle bones – and frequent bone fractures need investigating.


A blow to the head which causes a Concussion Injury may need investigation in case a fractured skull or orbital fracture has occurred.


Elderly people can also suffer from frequent bone fractures as a result of losing bone density and conditions like osteoarthritis. Poor care in hospitals and care homes for elderly and vulnerable patients can also lead to accidents or incidents which result in falls, causing fractured or broken bones.


There are different types of fractures, including:

  • Chalkstick fracture (transverse fracture across the bone)
  • Closed fracture (bone is not visible outside the skin)
  • Compound fracture (bone is broken in more than one place)
  • Displaced fracture (broken bones out of alignment with each other)
  • Greenstick fracture (in young bones which bend and nearly break)
  • Multiple fractures (comminuted or segmental – close or far apart)
  • Non displaced fracture (broken bones still in alignment)
  • Open fracture (bone may have penetrated the skin)
  • Simple fracture (the bone is broken in one place).

Even the tiniest bone in the human body can suffer a fracture injury – often causing instant intense pain, swelling and deep bruising, or leaving the fractured limb feeling numb and looking bloodless below the fracture site.


Compensation claims can be made for fractured bones/broken bones if an accident resulting in injury was caused by negligence, including:

  • Children’s accidents (playground, sports, road traffic accidents)
  • Falls/falls from height (ladders, roofs, stairs, steps, balcony falls)
  • Faulty products (faulty ladders, safety harnesses, hinges)
  • Holiday accidents (slips and trips, sports activities)
  • Hospital/care home accidents (negligence, poor supervision)
  • Industrial accidents (falling loads, RTAs, fork-lifts, machinery)
  • Medical negligence (misdiagnosed/undiagnosed fractures, wrong treatment of fractures, fracture treatment delays, birth injuries)
  • MoD Claims (training accidents, live combat injuries, RTAs)
  • Police officer injured at work (apprehending suspects, RTAs)
  • Public liability accidents (accidents in public places)
  • Road traffic accidents (RTAs) (driver, passenger, pedestrian, bikes)
  • School and college accidents (playground and college accidents)
  • Slips and trips (slippery floors, broken paving stones)
  • Sports accidents (ball games, contact sports, horse riding, climbing)
  • Work-related fractured bones/broken bones (falls and slips, RTAs).

To claim for fractured bones/broken bones, the injury must be caused by the negligence of another party such as an employer, hospital staff or road user.


How long do I have to claim for Fractured Bones/Broken Bones?


Claims for compensation for fractured bones and broken bones fall under the area of law known as personal injury.


Personal injury claimants usually have three years from the date of the injury to make a claim for accident and injury at work compensation.


Claims can sometimes be made outside the three-year limitation period, however – and children have three years from the age of 18 to make a claim.


Because of the limitation period for personal injury claims, it is important to seek legal advice from Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors as soon as possible if you are injured with fractured or broken bones.


Family members can call Duncan Lewis for advice on making a claim if a loved one has been badly injured with fractured bones/broken bones and is recovering in hospital.


How much compensation can I claim for Fractured Bones/Broken Bones?


Compensation for Fractured Bones/Broken Bones includes:

  • General Damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity
    The exact amount will be assessed according to the extent of injury, estimated recovery time and rehabilitation needed – and whether further medical treatment or even lifelong care is needed.
  • Special Damages to cover medical fees and out-of-pocket expenses
    Expenses might include physiotherapy, loss of earnings, travel expenses to hospital or damage to personal items. In more serious cases, ongoing care, loss of future salary and pension or adaptations to your home would be included.
Who pays compensation for Fractured Bones/ Broken Bones Claims?


The insurer of the company liable for the injury usually settles compensation claims – for example an employer’s insurer or the insurer of a tour operator if you are making a Holiday Accident & Illness Claim for fractured bones/broken bones.


Will I have to go to court to claim compensation?


Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor will keep you fully informed at all stages of the case.


Many claims for fractured bones/broken bones compensation are settled out-of-court – Duncan Lewis personal injury lawyers negotiate hard to get the best settlement for you.


But if a court hearing is necessary, Duncan Lewis instructs leading barristers who specialise in personal injury cases, to make sure you have the best legal representation possible.


Compensation for fractured bones/broken bones awarded to minors has to be approved at an Infant Settlement Hearing at the local County Court – the child and their “Litigation Friend” (usually a parent or guardian) has to attend this hearing.


Why Duncan Lewis is the best solicitor for Fractured Bones/Broken Bones
  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors understand just how traumatic and upsetting fracture and broken bone injuries can be – we believe in putting you and your family first to obtain the best results for you
  • Duncan Lewis is one of the leading firms of Personal Injury and Legal Aid solicitors in the UK
  • Our initial advice on making a claim for fractured bones/broken bones compensation is free
  • Duncan Lewis accepts claims for fractured bones/broken bones on a no win no fee basis, so you will not have to worry about legal fees
  • We will visit you at home if you are recovering from injuries involving fractured or broken bones – and can arrange expert medical opinions to help back up your claim
  • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors will make sure you understand every stage of your claim for fractured bones/broken bones
  • We will handle negotiations for you, so you do not have to worry while you are recovering from your injuries.

Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors have a successful track record in accident and injury claims.


Contact Duncan Lewis for free advice on making a claim for fractured bones/broken bones compensation by calling 020 7923 4020.

For all Personal Injury related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.