Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Serious Injury Solicitors

Serious Injury Solicitors


Duncan Lewis Serious Injury Solicitors


No Win No Fee Claims for Serious Injury


Duncan Lewis serious injury solicitors can advise on making compensation claims for a wide range of serious injuries sustained in accidents or as a result of medical negligence.


Duncan Lewis is also a leading firm of Legal Aid solicitors – and can advise on making claims for serious injury from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board or the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.


Making a Claim for Serious Injury


Serious injury claims cover injuries which are catastrophic and life changing – or require a long period of rehabilitation with an uncertain prognosis and the likelihood of permanent injury.


Types of serious injury you can claim for include:


  • Amputation
  • Blindness/loss of eye
  • Cognitive impairment
  • Deafness/hearing impairment
  • Head/brain injury
  • Internal injuries
  • Medical injury
  • Paraplegia/quadraplegia/tetraplegia
  • Spinal injuries.


Serious physical injury may be accompanied by emotional and psychological injury, including post-traumatic stress disorder or specific mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety or panic attacks.


Duncan Lewis serious injury solicitors take a holistic approach to helping their personal injury clients and can assist with any issues resulting from the injury sustained, including liaising with agencies who can help with physical or emotional rehabilitation or advising on housing or benefits.


How long do I have to claim for Serious Injury?


Claims for serious injury compensation fall under the area of law known as personal injury.



Claims can sometimes be made outside the three-year limitation period, however – and minors have three years from the age of 18 to make a claim.


Because of the limitation period for personal injury claims, it is important to seek legal advice from Duncan Lewis serious injury solicitors as soon as possible if you are injured in an accident.


Family members can call Duncan Lewis for advice on making a claim if a loved one has sustained serious injury and is still recovering in hospital.


How much compensation can I claim for Serious Injury?


Compensation for serious injury includes:


  • General Damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity The exact amount will be assessed according to the extent of injury, estimated recovery time and rehabilitation needed – and whether further medical treatment or even lifelong care is needed.
  • Special Damages to cover medical fees and out-of-pocket expenses Expenses might include physiotherapy, loss of earnings, travel expenses to hospital or damage to personal items. In more serious cases, ongoing care, loss of future salary and pension or adaptations to your home would be included.

    Who pays my serious injury compensation?


    Serious injury compensation is usually paid by the party who is liable for your injuries or the accident which caused them.


    • Criminal injuries – serious injury compensation is paid by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, but in some cases civil claims for serious injury can also be made against the party liable
    • Holiday accidents – serious injury compensation would usually be paid for by the tour operator’s insurer if you booked a package holiday – or by the insurers of the person or company liable if not
    • Medical negligence – serious injury compensation would be paid by the insurers of the hospital or doctor liable.
    • Military accidents – serious injury compensation is paid by the Armed Forces Compensation fund and a separate claim can be made and would be paid by the MoD’s insurers if successful
    • Road traffic accidents – serious injury compensation would be paid by the insurers of whoever caused the accident, usually another road user
    • Sports accidents – serious injury compensation would be paid by the insurers of the sports activity company liable, such as a gym, jet ski company or horse riding stables
    • Work accidents/industrial accidents – serious injury compensation will be paid by your employer’s insurer.


    Will I have to go to court to claim compensation?


    Your Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitor will keep you fully informed at all stages of the case.


    Some claims for serious injury compensation are settled out-of-court – Duncan Lewis personal injury lawyers negotiate hard to get the best settlement for you.


    But if a court hearing is necessary, Duncan Lewis instructs leading barristers who specialise in serious injury cases, to make sure you have the best legal representation possible.


    Why Duncan Lewis Serious Injury Solicitors are the best for compensation claims


    • Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors understand just how devastating serious injury is for claimants and their families – we believe in putting you and your family first to obtain the best results for you
    • Duncan Lewis is one of the leading firms of Personal Injury and Legal Aid solicitors in the UK
    • Our initial advice on making a claim for serious injury compensation is free
    • Duncan Lewis accepts serious injury claims on a no win no fee basis, so you will not have to worry about legal fees
    • We will visit you at home if you are recovering from serious injuries sustained in an accident – and can arrange expert medical opinions and professional experts to help back up your claim
    • Duncan Lewis serious injury solicitors will make sure you understand every stage of your serious injury claim
    • We will handle negotiations for you, so you do not have to worry while you are recovering from your injuries.


    Duncan Lewis solicitors have a successful track record in serious injury claims and will make sure you win the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries.


    Contact Duncan Lewis for free advice on making a serious injury compensation claim by calling 020 7923 4020.

    For all Personal Injury related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

    Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
    Our Services
    Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.