Type of Application: Administration of an Estate where the Deceased has left a Will in a non-taxable estate
Type of fee: Fixed Fee (estimate based on the work involved in conducting the matter)
Costs: Costs can be between - £800-£4,000 plus VAT. Average price £1,800 plus VAT.
- Director - £317.00 plus VAT (Approx.)
- Paralegal- £120.00 plus VAT (Approx.)
On average, this type of work entails 10 hours of work
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Failure to cooperate with her advice
- Hidden assets not being declared
- It becoming a taxable estate by virtue of the discovered assets
- Unforeseen complexities that may arise
Costs are likely to be at the lower end range if the matter being a straightforward matter which deals with a non-taxable estate where the Deceased has left a Will.
Who will carry out the work?
- Director; or
- Paralegal supervised by a Director
All work supervised by a Director, who retains ultimate responsibility and conduct of matters
What services are included in this?
- Initial attendance and consideration of the options and assessing most appropriate way forward based on client’s circumstances;
- Determining assets;
- Informing all organisations with whom the Deceased had assets;
- Obtaining valuations for property and contents;
- Assisting in arranging for the property to be placed on the market;
- Completing the IHT 205;
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate;
- Preparing the oath and submitting the probate application;
- Preparing a final estate account;
- Distributing the assets.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Court Fees such as Probate Court Fee and Fees for additional Copies of Grant of Probate. Find updated list of Court fees.
- Other expenses where applicable such as swearing of oath fee of £5.00 per Executor. Additional fee to this of £2.50 per Executor if Will is annexed.
- London Gazette Advertisement to protect against creditors of £185 plus VAT (Approx.)
We will let you know at the earliest opportunity and before any such fees are incurred by yourself, if any of these are applicable.
- On average estates that fall within this range are dealt with in between 3 months to 1 year from initial instructions.
- Typically obtaining the Grant of Probate takes 6-20 weeks from initial instructions.
- Collecting assets then follows which can take between 6-15 weeks from obtaining the Grant of Probate.
- Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets which normally take 2-4 weeks from collecting assets.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.