Awards and Recommendations for Krisha Prathepan
Krisha is a Recommended Lawyer in the 2020 edition of The Legal 500.
Legal 500 2020 Edition.
Immigration: Human Rights, appeals & overstay / London
I am a Solicitor in the Public Law and Immigration departments at Duncan Lewis. In 2017 I was named Civil Lawyer of the Year by the Society of Asian Lawyers (SAL).
I specialise in claims for Judicial Review and I am passionate and committed to representing the most vulnerable in society such as victims of torture, trafficking, disputed minors, pregnant women in detention and those with other physical/mental difficulties.
I have a wealth of experience in carrying out appeals before the First-tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal of the Immigration Asylum Chamber in addition to various other challenges against the Secretary of State for the Home Department such as:
- Unlawful detention;
- Removals to European countries under the Dublin Convention;
- Removals on asylum and human rights grounds; and
- Challenges to policy/law relating to vulnerable people.
I also have extensive experience in cases which have been decided in the Administrative Court and Supreme Court. Notably, I have had conduct of the following lead cases:
- Challenges under article 28 involving unlawful detention under the Dublin Regulations
- Challenges to returns to Hungary under the Dublin Regulations;
- Challenges to returns to Malta under the Dublin Regulations;
- Challenges on returns to Austria under the Dublin Regulations.
- Challenges involving section 67 of the Immigration Act 2016, also known as the 'Dubs Amendment.'
I have Level 3 (Advanced) Immigration Accreditation under the Law Society's Immigration and Asylum Scheme (IAAS) this means that I have shown that I have a high level of knowledge and experience in the area of Immigration law. There are only a small number of immigration practitioners throughout England & Wales that hold this quality mark.
I am frequently invited to appear on TV, Radio and the press in the UK to advise and comment on legal issues, below are some examples of my television appearances and features in the national press.
Refugee initiatives websites: