Type of Application: Mobile Offences, Not Guilty plea
Type of fee: Fixed Fee/ Legal Expenses Insurance
Costs: £5000.00 (inclusive of VAT)
Please check your car insurance policy to check whether you have Legal Expenses Insurance that may cover the costs. If you are unsure, please contact us, so we can check on your behalf.
Who will carry out the work?
- Director assisted by solicitor
- Solicitor/Director assisted by a paralegal
- All work supervised overseen by Director
All work supervised by a Director, who retains ultimate responsibility and conduct of matters
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Unforeseen complexities
What services are included in this cost?
- 2 -4 hours initial attendance to take initial detailed instructions on incident
- Considering initial disclosure and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Advising on the strengths and weaknesses of your case
- Advising on possible defences
- Drafting relevant legal documents
- Providing advice on likely sentence
- Detailing the key issues
- Preparation for the trial.
- Attendance and representation at the initial hearing at the Magistrates Court
- Seeking further disclosure of further material, if requested by counsel.
- Explaining the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- Conducting any further preparatory work, obtaining further instructions from you if necessary and dealing with any follow up queries you have before the First hearing
- Attendance and representation at the first hearing at the Magistrates Court
- Discussing the outcome of hearing with you.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Instruction of any expert witnesses
- Taking/preparing statements from any witnesses (this will depend on complexity of your case)
- Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- The cost of a Barrister to attend court on your behalf
- Our travel expenses including mileage costs
- Our fee for attendance and/or preparation for any further hearings following the initial hearing (this can be agreed Approx. £600.00 plus VAT per hearing)
- If relevant advice on any appeal. Separate fee can be agreed for:
- Dealing with any Appeal
- Drafting ground of appeal
- The cost of fully preparing any appeal.
We will let you know at the earliest opportunity and before any such fees are incurred by yourself, if any of these are applicable.
We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
Please note the anticipated fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.