Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Housing Videos

Denied Remedial Work by Insurers? Legal Steps You Can Take

Date when Video was Published: 13/05/2024

Script for the above Video

If your insurance company refuses to cover the cost of repairs for housing disrepair or subsidence, you can take the following steps: • Review Your Insurance Policy and Contact them: Carefully review your insurance policy to understand the terms and conditions and communicate with your insurance company to understand the reasons for the denial. Ask for a written explanation detailing their decision. • Appeal the Decision: If you believe your claim was wrongly denied, you can appeal the decision to your insurance provider. • Alternative Quotes: Seek quotes or estimates for the necessary repairs from reputable contractors or surveyors. This can help you demonstrate the validity of your claim and provide a basis for negotiations with your insurance company. • Seek Legal Advice: Consult one of our specialist Housing solicitors who can assess your case and advise you on the best course of action. It's important to keep detailed records of all communications with your insurance company and to consult our specialise Housing solicitors if you encounter difficulties in obtaining the coverage you believe you are entitled to under your insurance policy.
For all Housing related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.