The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has prosecuted a plumber who carried out unsafe gas work and potentially put homeowners at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Gareth Scott Redford carried out gas work at four properties in the Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire areas. Concerns were raised in 2014 and the homeowners of each property separately made complaints to Gas Safe Register.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive and Cambridgeshire County Council Trading Standards (CCCTS) found Redford carried out the gas work at the properties while he was not registered with Gas Safe.
The work he carried out at several properties was deemed unsafe, putting homeowners and residents at risk of harm.
At Cambridge Crown Court, Gareth Scott Redford of Blaydon Place, Sutton in Cambridgeshire pleaded guilty to 14 breaches under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Fraud Act 2006. He was sentenced to 16 months’ imprisonment.
After sentencing, HSE inspector Graeme Warden said:
“Mr Redford put the homeowners and residents at risk of harm when he conducted gas work while unregistered.
“Both CCCTS and HSE worked closely and collaboratively in the investigative stages of this case and throughout to get this result.”
Duncan Lewis Personal Injury Solicitors
Duncan Lewis can advise those who have suffered injury as a result of Carbon Monoxide poisoning caused by negligence on how to make a no win claim for compensation.
CO poisoning claims have to be made within three years of diagnosis of poisoning – children can make personal injury claims up to the age of 21.
Duncan Lewis also offers supportive legal advice to bereaved families whose loved one has lost their life as a result of CO poisoning caused by negligence and who wish to claim compensation.
For expert legal advice on no win no fee Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Claims, call Duncan Lewis personal injury solicitors on 0333 772 0409.