Are you a University, business (of any size), charity, support organisation or a student? Have you been affected by the closure to the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work (PSW)) route? If so, Duncan Lewis would like to hear from you.
The All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Migration has launched an inquiry into the closure of the Tier 1 (PSW) route for international students.
The inquiry will examine the effect of the closure to this category on Universities, students and local economies, which was officially closed on 6 April 2012.
Comments will be sought on the following questions in particular:
• What has been the impact on international student numbers or demographic profile;
• What has been the impact on businesses and universities;
• Has there been any wider economic or social impact at local/regional level or nationally;
• How has the closure of the Tier 1 (PSW) route been viewed internationally;
• Has it had any implications for foreign trade and commerce or wider diplomatic relations; and
• What approach have our competitors in the international student market taken to post-study work opportunities?
Please provide us with your comments no later than 30 September 2014. We will be submitting all comments to the APPG.
Your opinion matters!