Legal 500 2014 has ranked Duncan Lewis Solicitors as a top-tier firm with rankings in 7 key practice areas and 8 individual Lawyers recommended.
Following the release of the 2014 edition of Legal 500 UK Directory Awards, Duncan Lewis Solicitors are pleased to announce that they have been recognised as a top-tier firm for their immigration human rights work in Wales, have received Legal 500 rankings in 7 of the firm’s key practice areas throughout London and 8 of the company’s solicitors have been recommended for their excellence. For nearly 30 years the Legal 500 has been a worldwide client’s guide to the best law firms and lawyers, which analyses the capabilities of law firms worldwide with a comprehensive research programme heavily focused on peer and client feedback.
Duncan Lewis has been recommended as a leading law firm for its work in Family & Matrimonial matters; Crime; White-Collar Fraud; Business Immigration; Human Rights Immigration; Social Housing and Public law immigration & civil liberties judicial review challenges. Within these departments, 8 of the firm’s lawyers have received individual recommendations are: Vinita Templeton (Immigration Human Rights); href="http://www.legal500.com/firms/1169-duncan-lewis-solicitors/offices/1725-london-ha1/lawyers/121764">Adam Tear (Immigration Human Rights); James Packer (Immigration Human Rights; Public Law), Toufique Hossain (Immigration Human Rights & Public Law), Vicash Ramkissoon (Business Immigration) Aina Khan (Family & Matrimonial); Hardeep Dhaliwal (Fraud – white collar crime) and Subbiah Sivapunniyam (Social Housing).
Practice Director Jason Bruce added: “We are very pleased with these results. This recognition across many of our disciplines continues to illustrate the exceptional dedication and achievements of our lawyers and the fact that as a national law firm we are able to offer our clients, wherever based, a local client focused service with nationally recognised excellence”.
What Legal 500 UK 2014 edition had to say about Duncan Lewis Solicitors:
· Immigration (Wales), first-tier firm: Specialist immigration firm Duncan Lewis Solicitors opened a Cardiff office in 2013, and is ‘effective and successful'. Solicitor Vinita Templeton is ‘committed to the plight of those most vulnerable'.
· Immigration (London): The ‘very good' Duncan Lewis Solicitors is valued for its ‘commitment' to clients, especially in human rights, where it is currently advising on a deprivation of British citizenship case in the Court of Appeal. On the business side, the firm has advised on several Tier 2 visas. Vicash Ramkissoon is ‘exceptional', and Adam Tear and James Packer are recommended. Toufique Hossain, who was promoted to the partnership in 2013, is ‘very committed to his clients'.
· Public Law (London): Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a depth of experience advising claimants in immigration and civil liberties judicial review challenges. James Packer and solicitor Toufique Hossain are key names.
· Fraud: white-collar crime (London): Praised for his ‘great client care', Hardeep Dhaliwal leads the team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors, which recently acted in a £1m computer scam bank fraud case.
· Family & Matrimonial (London): Duncan Lewis Solicitors has acted in some 44 reported cases in the past 12 months across all jurisdictions, including S.H.H v UK in the European Court of Human Rights, and the high-profile family cases Re Y (A Child) and G (A Child). Aina Khan is a name to note.
· Social housing: tenant (London): Duncan Lewis Solicitors is the largest supplier of legal aid services to social tenants in England and Wales. Subbiah Sivapunniyam heads the 17-strong housing practice, which covers London and the M25 and combines a significant court presence with the ability to provide advice by telephone and online.