I am a Solicitor in the Business Immigration and Civil Litigation departments at Duncan Lewis
I have extensive experience in Public and Immigration Law, specifically in dealing with cases within the Immigration Rules for entry clearance and in-country applications. I also have a range of experience in applications outside the Immigration Rules predominantly based on Article 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights, Private and Family life in the UK.
Typical applications I deal with include;
- Tier 1 visa application and extension
- Tier 2, Sponsorship Licence including advising employers on compliance and audits
- Overseas business representative/sole representative visas
- Challenging curtailment of Tier 4 visa due to TOEIC issues
- Entry Clearance applications and appeals
- In Country Visa/Settlement applications and appeals
- Points Based System applications
- Non Points Based applications
- Adult Dependant Relative applications
- Asylum and Appeals
- Family Reunion
- EEA applications
- Naturalisation applications
- Discretionary Leave to Remain applications
- Indefinite Leave to Remain application
- Judicial Review on unlawful detention, removals and challenging Home Office decisions
I have assisted with a number of high profile claims for Judicial Review in representing claimants in cases concerning human rights, administrative detention, injunctive relief against removal and various other challenges to the policies of the Secretary of State for the Home Department. I have also assisted in matters of negotiating settlement and recovering clients legal costs from the Home Office.
I also have experience in Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution. I have had conduct with the following matters, including but not limited to;
- Dispute resolution (litigation, arbitration or mediation);
- Professional negligence claims;
- Debt recovery;
- Possession orders;
- Civil penalty notice;
- Contractual disputes;
- Leasehold disputes;
- Contentious probate matters;
- Boundary and neighbourhood dispute matters.
I have experience in conducting cases of private high net worth clients. I am a pro-active and tenacious lawyer and although routinely based in our Dalston branch, I am happy to assist clients throughout the UK. Furthermore, my dynamic approach allows me to deal with a diverse range and complex matters.
I also speak Punjabi with an understanding of Hindi.