I am a Solicitor in the Public Law and Immigration Department at Duncan Lewis. I am under the direct supervision of Director and Solicitor, Rohena Wallace.
Since joining Duncan Lewis in January 2015, I have assisted in a variety of Judicial Review claimant challenges, other public law matters and investigated into the merits of potential judicial review applications.
- Unlawful Detention claims
- Legality of removals under Dublin III Regulations
- Unlawful Certifications of Fresh Claims
- Unreasonable Age Assessments from the Local Authority
- Poor Conditions and Ill-treatment within Prison
- Sentence Miscalculation Claims
- Actions against the Crown Prosecution Service
- Actions against Social Services
- Action against the Local Authority
- Judicial Review of the Upper Tribunal
- Contempt of Court
In addition to public law work, I have also had conduct over a wide range of immigration matters. I am qualified as a Level 2 Senior Caseworker under the Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme. This has allowed me to represent clients, advise and assist them on first time asylum claims, bail matters, First Tier Tribunal appeals, Appeals to the Upper Tribunal and Court of Appeal; and fresh claims for asylum.
Prior to working in Immigration and Public Law, I assisted with all areas of Prison Law. This work extended to Prison Law Judicial Reviews as well as advocacy and legal representation at disciplinary hearings, recall reviews and parole board hearings.