Have a question?
033 3772 0409




It is only possible to challenge a decision via judicial review if there is no internal appeal or complaints procedure available. If this alternative remedy is available then an application for judicial review is not possible.


If an application is successful a court could grant the following discretionary remedies:


  • Quashing orders: declaring the original decision is invalid;
  • Prohibiting orders: the public body is forbidden from undertaking a certain action;
  • Mandatory orders: the public body is ordered to do something; and
  • A declaration to confirm the decision made by the public body is incompatible with the Human Rights Act.


Please be aware that compensation is rarely possible in judicial review cases.


If you have any enquiries regarding this legal area, please contact Duncan Lewis Solicitors at 033 37720 0409.

For all Public Law related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ┬ęDuncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.