I am a Solicitor in the Immigration Department at Duncan Lewis. I have been specialising in civil litigation for over four years.
I frequently represent clients at the High Court in their judicial review matters. I take on a wide range of immigration related cases, including the following;
- Unlawful detention
- False imprisonment
- Unlawful delay in processing immigration and asylum applications
- Fresh claim challenges/unlawful denial of appeal rights
- Challenges to refusals of Article 8 ECHR family and private life applications
- Third Country removals
- Challenges to decisions to deny access to public funds
- Challenging removals by way of urgent interim relief applications
I have represented clients in all aspects of human rights claims from initial applications through to appeals in the First-Tier and Upper Tribunal of the Immigration Asylum Chamber and the Higher Courts. I have also assisted clients with entry clearance applications, settlement applications and nationality matters. I have significant experience in dealing with vulnerable clients including minors, those in detention and those suffering from complex psychological issues, as well as victims of torture, trafficking and victims of domestic violence.
I am accredited as a Level 2 Senior Caseworker under the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme, which demonstrates that I possess the desired level of knowledge and competence in this area of law as defined by the Law Society. It also enables me to represent and advise both publicly funded and private clients.