Duncan Lewis Solicitors (Ltd):
Duncan Lewis was founded in 1998. We are a large and established company employing over 700 staff delivering legal services in over 60 languages. Duncan Lewis serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our success in case results are regularly reported in the media and our staffs’ accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended as leaders in the legal directories; The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm and described as a “diligent and professional team that is prepared to go the extra mile for its clients”.
Our head office is based in the City of London Fenchurch Street, EC3M. We are the largest provider of publicly funded (Legal Aid) legal services in the country and became one of the first law firms in the UK to achieve the Investors in People Gold Accreditation Quality Standard Mark in 2009. Duncan Lewis is LEXCEL, Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO 27001-2013 accredited. We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
We look to recruit dedicated and talented employees in both legal and non-legal capacities, and we are always interested to receive applications from quality candidates. If you can demonstrate a strong commitment to the areas of law provided by the firm, and you are keen to build a career with us, please click here to apply online with your details and CV.
Personal Injury Department Background:
Our personal injury department is highly experienced and provides specialist legal advice to help our clients achieve justice and compensation. The team is led by (partner-level) Directors who are members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) who guarantee high quality client care and dedication.
Our team is experienced in providing bespoke legal advice to clients seeking assistance with a wide range of personal injury claims including:
- Abuse claims
- Bicycle claims
- Brain & Spinal Injury claims
- Burns/ scalding claims
- Catastrophic injuries
- Major Trauma
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Road Traffic Claims
- Workplace Accidents
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- Report directly to Department Director
- Professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs
- Responsible for all aspects of Personal Injury work and on occasions, where appropriate providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Assisting with casework including dealing with a range of Personal Injury cases that have been issued at court. including excellent understanding of the Civil Procedure
Rules and protocols
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
- Dealing with correspondence
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
- Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring compliance with file management
Key Skills Required:
- 2+ years Personal Injury experience in private practice
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Membership with APIL an advantage
- Committed team player and adapt well to new challenges
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators is an advantage
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with client matters in a sensitive manner and resolve complicated practicalities
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and sound judgment
- Working knowledge of Personal Injury work and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with Personal Injury related work
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
- 20 days annual leave
- Additional Birthday leave
- Additional holiday accrual*
- 4 days paid sick leave*
- Practicing Certificate renewed annually
- The Law Society Panel Membership and Accreditation/re Accreditation/ Reaccreditation fee paid for*
- The Law Society registration fee for Panel membership paid for*
- Panel courses mandatory for the Law Society Accreditation paid for*
- Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
- Automatic enrolment onto the Company’s pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye test vouchers
- DBS Check costs paid for
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Part time working
- Flexible working arrangements/ considered
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
*terms and conditions apply
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
Equal Opportunities:Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please visit our website and apply using our online process for your application to be considered.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE ABOVE VACANCY