Our crime department is ranked by Chambers and Partners for its reputation for well-prepared, high-quality work. Our case building excellence is based on a sound knowledge of the criminal justice system and the ability to assemble first-rate evidence and documentation.
A number of our solicitors are police station representatives and can offer free 24/7 representation at all police station interviews as well as at pre-charge investigations. In addition the department has a number of Higher Courts Advocates providing representation for serious matters such as murder and rape. Our solicitors regularly represent clients at the Youth Court, Magistrates’ Court, Crown Court and Court of Appeal.
Our crime department has been involved in many high profile and complex cases and understand the consequential impact of being involved in a criminal process can have working with clients to mitigate the effects. The department’s specialism includes appealing sentences/ convictions via judicial review, representation at the Court of Appeal and assisting with applications for Criminal Cases Review Commission miscarriage of justice reviews in the Court Martial and Service Civilian Court.
Main Responsibilities of the Role
- Report directly to Department Director
- Responsible for all aspects of Crime work and on occasions, where appropriate providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
- Dealing with correspondence
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
- Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring compliance with file management
- Variety of duties including dealing with a full range of Criminal Defence cases both Private and Legal Aid clients and be able to manage complex and sensitive cases ranging from bail applications; serious fraud; white collar crime; murder; drug crime and theft; liaising with the CPS and courts; preparing statements and collating evidence
- Representing clients detained the police station, conducting advocacy in the Magistrates Court, attending to clients both in and outside of office hours
- You will have a professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and be interested in Business Development and Marketing to supplement the substantial work volumes brought in by the company
Key Skills Required:
- Duty and Police Station Accredited
- Higher rights of advocacy qualification will be an advantage although not a necessity
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Committed team player and adapt well to new challenges
- Previous proven supervisory experience will be an advantage
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with client matters in a sensitive manner to deal with vulnerable clients and resolve complicated practicalities
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and sound judgment
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Crime work and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in handling a Criminal Defence caseload
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
- 20 days annual leave
- Additional Birthday leave
- Additional holiday accrual*
- 4 days paid sick leave*
- Practicing Certificate renewed annually
- The Law Society Panel Membership and Accreditation/re Accreditation/ Reaccreditation fee paid for*
- The Law Society registration fee for Panel membership paid for*
- Panel courses mandatory for the Law Society Accreditation paid for*
- Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
- Automatic enrolment onto the Company’s pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye test vouchers
- DBS Check costs paid for
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Part time working
- Flexible working arrangements/ considered
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
*terms and conditions apply
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please visit our website and apply using our online process for your application to be considered.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE ABOVE VACANCY