Community Care Background:
Community Care deals with the care people receive in their own homes, institutional accommodation or from health and housing services.
Community Care department offers assistance to help access social care services for those who are not receiving the care they need. We believe the most vulnerable members of society are entitled to satisfactory services from institutions and organisations that have the duty to help.
With a legal team currently consisting of four dedicated specialists, the strength our client, Community Care department lies in its unrivalled knowledge and experience. Our Client is amongst a handful of firms who have been awarded a Legal Aid Agency franchise for Community Care work.
Our client also collaborates with other firms on funding and case management issues, and has a close working relationship with a number of barristers’ chambers with relevant expertise in Community Care law.
The team undertakes both publicly and privately funded work.
Main Responsibilities of the Role
- Report directly to Department Director
- Responsible for all aspects of Community Care work and on occasions, where appropriate providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Demonstrate a solid commitment to upholding the rights of vulnerable children and young people
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
- Dealing with correspondence
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
- Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring compliance with file management
- Variety of duties including dealing with a range of Community Care matters including all stages of health and social care judicial review and ancillary applications such as trustee orders
- You will have a professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and be interested in Business Development and Marketing to supplement the substantial work volumes brought in by the company
Key Skills Required:
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Committed team player and adapt well to new challenges
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with vulnerable client matters in a sensitive manner and resolve complicated practicalities
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and sound judgment
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Community Care work and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with Community Care related work
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
- xcellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
- 20 days annual leave
- Additional Birthday leave
- Additional holiday accrual*
- 4 days paid sick leave*
- Practicing Certificate renewed annually
- The Law Society Panel Membership and Accreditation/re Accreditation/ Reaccreditation fee paid for*
- The Law Society registration fee for Panel membership paid for*
- Panel courses mandatory for the Law Society Accreditation paid for*
- Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
- Automatic enrolment onto the Company’s pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye test vouchers
- DBS Check costs paid for
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment.
- Part time working
- Flexible working arrangements/ considered
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
*terms and conditions apply
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please visit our website and apply using our online process for your application to be considered.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE ABOVE VACANCY