• Report directly to Department Director
• Professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs
• Assisting with casework including dealing with a range of public and private children cases including child abduction; child protection issues; special guardianship and adoption matters as well as undertaking your own advocacy
• Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
• Dealing with correspondence
• Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
• Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
• Ensuring compliance with file management.
Key Skills Required:
• Demonstrate passion and experience in a broad range of publically funded Child Care Law
• A strong academic background with a Law degree
• Legal experience as a Child Care Paralegal/Advisor
• Clear understanding and application of Children Laws
• Business acumen and the ability to market the Company
• Excellent communications skills to work effectively with all types of people
• Excellent analytical and organisational skills and ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
• Committed team player, self -motivated and professional
• Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
Candidates with 12 months previous experience and who have completed the LPC will be considered for a Training Contract, subject to business needs.
• 20 days annual leave
• Additional Birthday leave
• Additional holiday accrual*
• 4 days paid sick leave*
• Practicing Certificate renewed annually
• The Law Society Panel Membership and Accreditation/re Accreditation/ Reaccreditation fee paid for.*
• The Law Society registration fee for Panel membership paid for.*
• Panel courses mandatory for the Law Society Accreditation paid for*
• Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
• Automatic enrolment onto the Company’s pension scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Eye test vouchers
• DBS Check costs paid for
• Excellent progression opportunities
• Supportive team environment.
• Part time working
• Flexible working arrangements/ considered
• Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
*terms and conditions apply
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce.
We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter if this applies.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please visit our website and apply using our online process for your application to be considered.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE ABOVE VACANCY