Our highly specialised Child Care Department was ranked by Legal 500 in 2018 for its specialism in all areas of child care work. Our Child Care Law department approaches each case with a level of understanding only achievable through specialising in Child Care law.
Duncan Lewis is one of few firms in the UK that are on the Lord Chancellor’s International Child Abduction and Contact Unit (ICACU) referral list. We have acquired a number of kite-marks and accreditations which are testament to the quality of the specialised work our staff undertake.
We have had several high profile cases, which have been reported, which include caste, underage marriages and international elements.
Duncan Lewis was founded in 1998. We are a large and established company employing over 700 staff delivering legal services in over 60 languages. Duncan Lewis serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our success in case results are regularly reported in the media and our staffs’ accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended as leaders in the legal directories; The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm and described as a “diligent and professional team that is prepared to go the extra mile for its clients”.
The foundations of our service are built upon four principles: commitment, communication, confidentiality, and courtesy.
What we’re looking for
You will be professional with a pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs. You will be assisting with casework including dealing with a range of public and private children cases including child abduction; child protection issues; special guardianship and adoption matters as well as undertaking your own advocacy.
You will be attending to clients, taking instructions and preparing cases. You will also be dealing with correspondence, maintaining accurate time costing procedures and implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly. This role reports directly to Department Director.
Key Skills Required:
To succeed in your role as a Child Care Caseworker you will:
- Demonstrate passion and experience in a broad range of publically funded Child Care
- A strong academic background with a Law degree
- Legal experience as a Child Care Paralegal/Advisor
- Clear understanding and application of Children Laws
- Business acumen and the ability to market the Company
- Excellent communications skills to work effectively with all types of people
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills and ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Committed team player, self -motivated and professional
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
Candidates with 12 months previous experience and who have completed the LPC will be considered for a Training Contract, subject to business needs.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- A fantastic supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
Further information regarding this role and benefits on offer can be found in the job description.
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Child Care Caseworker, please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.