Registration certificates

EEA (and Swiss) Nationals: Registration certificates

Anyone who holds a passport of a member of the European Economic Area or Switzerland automatically has the right to reside in the UK and can apply for a registration certificate. It is not mandatory to apply for this certificate to live legally in the UK, but it may be required in some cases:

  • If you have family members that are not EEA nationals who wish to apply for a UK family permit, you will need to provide proof that you live legally in the UK. A registration certificate will fulfil this requirement.
  • Some employers may want a copy of a registration certificate to prove your eligibility to work in the UK.

Funding Your Case

Our immigration solicitors and Immigration lawyers will advise you on how to fund your case. Legal aid is not available for these types of applications. Our specialist team of immigration solicitors, offer competitive fixed fees.


Contact Us
"The strength in depth to give you the specialist expertise you need."
Duncan Lewis Solicitors, Lawyers, Legal Aid, Free legal Advice