Awards Recommendation for Helen Cummings
"...personable and client-focused but with a keen eye on the law, strategy and procedure to ensure the very best outcome for their clients"
Legal 500 2019 Edition.
Court of Protection / London
I am a Solicitor in the Public Law/Court of Protection Department at Duncan Lewis. Previously, I worked as a Paralegal in another Public Law firm for a number of years.
I specialise in a broad range of public law matters including:
- Commercial, social care and environmental judicial reviews;
- Regulatory and fitness to practice cases in regulatory tribunals;
- Discrimination matters relating to the Equality Act;
- Regulatory and higher education disputes including fitness to practice tribunal matters;
- Data protection and information law;
- Disputes in the Court of Protection; and
- Human rights claims and inquests.
I have represented clients in the High Court, Court of Appeal and European Court of Human Rights. This includes large group action litigation.
Working in these areas has familiarised me in working with a range of clients, including legal aid, corporate and private clients.
Particularly, I have acted on the on behalf of the Official Solicitor, as well as regularly working with Independent Mental Capacity Advocates/Paid Relevant Persons Representatives and the families of vulnerable adults in cases in the Court of Protection under the Mental Capacity Act relating to their mental capacity, deprivation of liberty, health and welfare.
I am a Recommended Individual in the 2019 edition of The Legal 500 for my Court of Protection work.