Have a question?
033 3772 0409


Environmental law, planning law & public law challenges


Environmental and Planning law is a highly specialized, and can involve a variety of public bodies. Public bodies within this area include organisations that have responsibility for the natural and built environment. These bodies include


  • Local planning authorities – typically part of a Local Authority (council) and responsible for approving or rejecting planning applications.
  • National Park Authorities – these organisations have additional responsibilities for planning and the natural environment in England and Wales’ National Parks
  • Water Authorities, who are usually very large land owners with wide ranging responsibilities;
  • The Environmental Agency
  • Conservation bodies including English Heritage and the Victorian Society who responsibilities for the built environment


Environmental/ Planning Issues


Legal cases in this area can involve the following types of issues:


Town or village green space issues


  • My council has decided to develop the local green;
  • My council has made a decision to build near your home; and
  • My town center is going to be altered by the council building a new carpark, or leisure center.


Disputes regarding listed or heritage buildings/ sites


  • My Council has decided to knock down a listed building;
  • A historical building in my local area is going to be pulled down, and I would like to stop this; and
  • There was a heritage building that was on a building site area, and the developer will not move the building,


Water pollution and flooding;


  • The water source on my land has been polluted;
  • Someone has dumped waste in my local pond; and
  • A local company has built on the flood plains, and now my house is at risk of flooding.




  • The Council wants to build a road through my village; and
  • The Local Authority wants to build a new road through my house.




  • Someone is building a windfarm near my house; and
  • The Local Authority wants to increase the windfarms in my local area.


  • Contaminated land;
  • Export controls;
  • Business ethics and human rights;
  • Challenges against planning inspectorate decisions;
  • Environmental compliance;
  • Site closure and divestment;
  • General planning issues with Local Authority decisions;
  • Renewable energy planning issues;
  • Waste disposal and sanitation; and
  • Planning decisions on housing sites.


If you have any enquiries regarding this legal area, please contact Duncan Lewis Solicitors at 033 37720 0409.

For all Public Law related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is Spencer House, 29 Grove Hill Road, Harrow, HA1 3BN. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ©Duncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.