Have a question?
033 3772 0409

Claims Against the Police

Claims Against the Police


How can I fund a civil claim against the police?


Duncan Lewis Action Against Public Authorities solicitors accept actions against the police on a no win no fee basis, depending on the likelihood of success in a case.


For claims where a no win no fee arrangement is not possible, we offer competitively-priced rates for privately funded cases and can also advise on After the Event (ATE) insurance policies to fund claims against the police.


What civil claims can I bring against the police?


We regularly advise on police civil claims, including:


  • Wrongful arrest and unlawful detention
  • Malicious prosecution
  • Failure to investigate an offence
  • Harassment by police officers
  • Unlawful stop and search
  • Assault or use of excessive force by police officers
  • Discrimination: sex, race and disability
  • Unlawful police cautions
  • Data Protection: Breach of Privacy rights
  • Adverse criminal record certificates (“CRB checks” or “DBS checks”)
  • Negligence
  • Misfeasance
  • Protest
  • Judicial review of decisions by the police and IOPC (formerly IPCC)


For expert legal advice on actions against the police, call Duncan Lewis Action Against Public Authority solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409.

For all Action Against Public Authorities related matters contact us online now.Contact Us

Call us now on 033 3772 0409 or click here to send online enquiry.
Our Services
Duncan Lewis is the trading name of Duncan Lewis (Solicitors) Limited. Registered Office is 143-149 Fenchurch St, London, EC3M 6BL. Company Reg. No. 3718422. VAT Reg. No. 718729013. A list of the company's Directors is displayed at the registered offices address. Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority . Offices all across London and in major cities in the UK. ┬ęDuncan Lewis >>Legal Disclaimer, Copyright & Privacy Policy. Duncan Lewis do not accept service by email.