I joined Duncan Lewis Solicitors in March 2016 as a caseworker and went on to successfully complete my training contract within the Immigration and Public Law department at the firm's Birmingham office. I qualified in March 2019 and now practice in the Private and Business Immigration department in both the Birmingham and Leicester office.
I began my legal career handling private immigration matters, whereby I built up a great deal of experience and established extensive rapport with clients, in particular those who are vulnerable, and leading counsels. I fully appreciate that each client’s matter is case sensitive and I am versatile in nature and can adapt to circumstances of any given manner whilst maintaining standards of professionalism and integrity. I have always been committed to going the extra mile for my clients.
I have significant experience dealing with vulnerable clients including those in detention, those suffering from complex psychological issues, and victims of both torture and trafficking. I have a particular specialism in challenging the detention of vulnerable clients and have achieved success securing their release and awards of damages for the client.
I am accredited as a Senior Caseworker under the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme as a Level 2 Senior Caseworker which demonstrates my skill and expertise in this area of law.
My caseload consists of, but is not limited to the following:
- Asylum applications;
- Fresh claims
- Applications for leave to enter or further leave to remain as a spouse, fiancé, unmarried partner, or other dependant relative;
- Adult dependants;
- Entry clearance;
- Visitor visas;
- EEA matters;
- Human Rights applications;
- Bail applications;
- Nationality: applications for citizenship under any route;
- Immigration appeals;
- Passport applications; and
- Sponsorships, affidavits, and Power of Attorneys.
In addition, I have extensive experience in a wide range of Judicial Review claimant challenges, particularly those that are immigration, civil liberties and asylum-related. This has included cases of:
- Unlawful detention;
- Dublin III/Third Country removal;
- Challenging the Competent Authority;
- Unlawful delay in processing immigration and asylum applications;
- Fresh claim challenges/unlawful denial of appeal rights; and
- Challenges to refusals of Article 8 ECHR family and private life applications.
I am multilingual and fluent in Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, and Mirpuri.