Wills and Probate Solicitors–listing our services and a general intro to the department
Duncan Lewis wills and probate solicitors offer expert legal advice on all matters relating to making a will and estate administration, including :
- Obtaining a grant of probate
- Providing beneficiaries with advice on taxation matters
- Dealing with legacies to minors
- Protecting assets from possible creditors and taxation
- Litigation(contesting a will)
Duncan Lewis is one of the UK’s leading firms, able to offer a comprehensive and personal service to clients – our wills and probate specialists have expert knowledge on drawing up wills, inheritance tax, family law, property law, and international wills.
Drawing up a will or administering an estate can both be highly emotional experiences – Duncan Lewis probate solicitors offer clear and focused advice to clients at what is often a difficult time, when financial matters may be the last thing on a client’s mind.
Duncan Lewis also has considerable expertise in advising on international wills and wills involving extended families, estranged family or contested wills.
Our probate experts can advise under the law of England and Wales – or Duncan Lewis can also advise on Islamic wills and inheritance matters.
A Duncan Lewis wills and probate specialist lawyer will manage the administration and distribution of the estate, relieving clients of the stress of worrying about their loved one’s wishes at what is already a distressing time.
Whether you require an expert will drafting service, inheritance tax planning advice, need help with the administration of a will, or require advice on a contested will, Duncan Lewis probate lawyers can guide you through the options – and make sure that the future of your family is secure and your wishes are carried out.
The Duncan Lewis Wills and Probate Department can advise on:
- Contesting a will
- Estate administration (probate/intestacy)
- Writing or updating a will
- Living wills,advice representation on all mental capacity matters
- Mirror wills
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Family Break up wills
- Making a will children
- Making a will – trust and trustees
- Wills – donating to charity
- Wills tenants in common
- Statutory wills and trust
- Dealing with an estate
- Applications to the Court of Protection
- Compensation protection services (trusts)
- Elderly and vulnerable care (for people concerned about care home fees and protecting their inheritance)
- International wills.
Duncan Lewis wills and probate solicitors are usually able to offer fixed fees for wills and probate services – with competitively-priced hourly rates for contentious probate matters.
For expert legal advice on Wills and Probate, call Duncan Lewis Wills and Probate Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409