Sponsoring Migrants under Tier 2 and Tier 5 of the Points Based System
Duncan Lewis UK Immigration Solicitors – No win no fee
UK Tier 2 Visa and Tier 5 Visa – Fixed Fee – Free initial telephone consultation
The Tier 2 Category under the Points Based System permits a UK employer to recruit a non EEA national to fill a skilled position which can’t be filled by a settled worker.
Once your business has identified an individual that they wish to hire they can, subject to meeting all the criteria issue or assign a certificate of sponsorship to the migrant for them to apply to enter the UK or make an application to remain here.
Before you assign certificate it is important that you consider the Tier 2 Category which is most relevant to your business and the migrant’s circumstances:
Tier 2 (General)
This is for new hires who have received a job offer from a UK employer.
There is an annual limit on the number of overseas migrants that can be sponsored by UK companies under the Tier 2 (General) category. This limit runs from April to April each year.
Tier 2 - Intra Company Transfer (ICT)
This allows multinational companies with operations overseas to transfer skilled migrants to the UK.
Tier 5 (temporary workers) can be sponsored by an approved organisation, higher education institution or a government department or agency, who can assign the individual migrant with a Certificate. There are other categories under creative and sporting, religious and charity sectors where you will need to hold a Tier 5 licence to sponsor a temporary worker.
Our Business Immigration Team can assist with all aspects of sponsoring migrants under the Tier 2 & 5 Categories and have the capacity to deal with large volume applications should your company transfer staff to the UK on frequent basis.
We can assist with all of the following:
- Strategic immigration planning for large projects
- Assisting with entry clearance applications overseas on behalf of Tier 2 Migrant, utilising expedited processing
- Assisting with same day service applications for Tier 2 migrants and their dependants within the UK
- Advising on appropriate SOC code for migrants
- Advising on requirements of the resident labour market test and shortage occupation criteria.
- Advising on the restricted certificate process including panel applications and representations
- Advising on the cooling off period and impact on your business
- Dependant applications under Tier 2
If your UK Tier 2 visa application has been suspended or revoked with no right to appeal, we can assist by way of Judicial Review. At Duncan Lewis Solicitors, we are experts at challenging the Home Office through Judicial Review. Our team of UK immigration solicitors are highly experienced with making Judicial Review claims against the UK Home Office.
For a free initial consultation over the telephone with one of our expert UK immigration lawyers, call us today on +44(0)203 114 1198 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.